Talk

Advanced search

Good quality striped stair carpet advice

(8 Posts)
hooliodancer Sat 25-Jul-15 15:13:50

I found one I write-up Crucial Trading Mississippi- but the quote was 1k for 12 cottage stairs and a tiny landing. They said it was because the carpet is very wide and a lot of it is wasted.

I looked in the shop and didn't like much else in there! Also my current staircarpet is crucial trading and it has really lasted well-15 years looking good. The other carpets I have (in bedrooms) started to look shabby within a couple of years- cheaper ones, so I know I need to spend a bit, just not 1k

So I thought I would ask for some recommendations! Hardworking, beautiful, long lasting and not an arm and a leg please!

hooliodancer Sat 25-Jul-15 15:17:27

That is meant to say 'one I love -Crucial Trading Mississippi.

chrisg190974 Fri 31-Jul-15 12:18:32

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Seriouslyffs Fri 31-Jul-15 12:25:43

Stripes are lovely, but have been very fashionable for a while now; I think you'd be sick of it in 15 years time.
I always go for something terracotta/ burgundy/ maroon, depending on whether the walls are cream or beige. Not very exciting but smart and good tempered.

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Fri 31-Jul-15 12:28:12

I've recently had Mississippi fitted on the stairs & I love it smile

For stairs only, plus a small square at the top, it cost £264 inc underlay & fitting.

We've got a toning plain carpet in the landing though - it's probably your landing that's causing the waste. Could you do that?

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Fri 31-Jul-15 12:32:57

Like this smile

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Fri 31-Jul-15 12:34:08

Oops, sorry, wrong pic!

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Fri 31-Jul-15 12:43:01

My stairs were done in 3 separate pieces, with a join every 4th step, plus the bit at the top; so it was a fairly short length of the full width (is it 4m?) iyswim.

Maybe yours is quoting for one long piece - as you've got the landing too - at least half of it would be wasted. But you'd probably have enough to lay it again in 15 years grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now