Talk

Advanced search

Sofa bed/single bed/day bed in spare room?

(6 Posts)
shelldockley Tue 21-Jul-15 14:56:29

We need to turn our spare room into a home office, and so need to get rid of the double bed. I can't decide what the best option would be, both style and practicality wise, whether to go for a pull out sofa bed, meaning it would be a comfortable double, plus good for sitting on when using the office, a day bed which might look nicer, but will only sleep one, single bed/futon bed, or do away with a bed altogether and get a blow-up bed or something?

ButtonClown Tue 21-Jul-15 16:50:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BromleyGal Tue 21-Jul-15 16:54:15

I was just about to recommend the Ikea bed too. It also looks nice smile

shelldockley Tue 21-Jul-15 16:56:33

I like the look of that day bed, it would certainly look better than a sofa bed thanks! Although I'm not sure why I'm set on having a bed in the room, we never have guests! It really only gets used by me or DH when the other is ill (or when DHs snoring is driving me mad!)

Thurlow Tue 21-Jul-15 16:57:34

We bought a decent blow up double (this one). It's got a little motor so you just plug it in and it inflate itself. I love it. I actually find it more comfortable than a lot of sofa beds, and then it just packs away into a cupboard.

shelldockley Tue 21-Jul-15 17:05:35

That's a really good price for the air bed, cheaper than the day bed option, am swaying towards an air bed then maybe just a comfy chair, has anyone seen anything like this around:
www.pbteen.com/products/sherpa-hang-a-round-chair/?pkey=call-teen-lounge-chairs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now