Talk

Advanced search

Carpet Tiles - is it a good idea?

(5 Posts)
glowfrog Sun 19-Jul-15 16:46:22

Been spending far too much time on Pinterest and I've come across carpet tiles... I love how you can mix and match and people keep saying they are hard-wearing and easy to maintain.

Anyone here using carpet tiles and happy with them? I have a toddler and a baby and at the mo our living room rug is covered with a wipe clean table mat for ease of clean-up etc. would carpet tiles be a good alternative? I've seen pics where people are washing them in the sink...

s13nna Sun 19-Jul-15 17:40:43

It depends on which ones you buy i think, i have seen really cheap ones in cheap shops and they look a bit questionable quality-wise. As long as you buy ones suitable for heavy traffic then you should be ok using them in a living room.

glowfrog Wed 22-Jul-15 13:32:00

Thanks!

MarvellousCake Wed 22-Jul-15 13:36:15

We've got some down in a small study room. Mostly because we could lay them ourselves, and it's only a small room so it was cheaper than a fitted carpet. It's fine for that room. But I was initially thinking of having them in the bedroom too, and I decided against that. They LOOK very much like carpet tiles, IYKWIM. On the other hand they are comfortable under foot, and it would be easy to take an individual tile up to wash or replace.

I think for a living room and small kids, a wipe clean floor of some sort, plus rugs would be a better and more stylish investment.

glowfrog Wed 22-Jul-15 14:44:40

Yeah, it's kind of what we have now - except a wipe clean mat over the rug. Not very stylish but very practical!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now