Talk

Advanced search

What blue or green for a door on a red brick 80s house

(9 Posts)
nigelslaterfan Thu 09-Jul-15 11:22:12

There are some glass panes.

We also have a garage door to match.

At the moment it is a slightly queasy green from the old owner, not teal, it's quite a nice colour but I want to freshen it up. I liked the look of too blue (dulux)

I like this door here, but wonder if it might be too dark for an assuming 80s house!

I also like this blue too.

Any other suggestions? And also do you go matt, gloss?

nigelslaterfan Thu 09-Jul-15 11:26:15

That bathroom door is f and b 'lulworth blue'

nigelslaterfan Thu 09-Jul-15 11:55:23

What about cook's blue for a front door and garage door?

It's the lowest one in the middle

nigelslaterfan Thu 09-Jul-15 13:25:05

bump

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 09-Jul-15 17:48:27

I like the first one.

I think the front door can be the one you go a bit mad with anyway. Do think about what colour outdoor light you'll be putting up though and what colour garden planters you'll have.

There's a 1990's house near us with a white upvc door, a white wall lamp and 3 tall white planters with jazzy colour plants all grouped together. It looks great. They've really made the best of a pretty mundane door.

If you have a look at door furniture too, there's so many different finishes now.

nigelslaterfan Sat 11-Jul-15 23:36:10

You mean the first photo of the bathroom door?
Thanks

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 12-Jul-15 08:21:48

The front door one. I prefer dark colours though, I have manor house grey in my lounge!.

Mimiontherocks Tue 14-Jul-15 10:38:44

How about this sort of blue?

nigelslaterfan Tue 14-Jul-15 10:40:46

It's beautiful but I think I want something a bit lighter because it's going on the garage door as well.
What's that paint called?
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now