Talk

Advanced search

Spare room - bed, air bed, futon or sofa bed?

(5 Posts)
greenbottleglass Sat 13-Jun-15 12:12:02

WWYD. The room will be used for guests and will have a desk in it (a small, stylish one hopefully, if I win against dh) and will generally just be another space we have to use.

A bed will take up an awful lot of space. The sofa bed might not get used much.... Will a good quality air bed be ok?

This spare room is costing us a lot so I want to make the most of it!

It might have to turn into a baby's bedroom down the line

Artandco Sat 13-Jun-15 12:16:45

Get natural mat travel mattresses. X2 make a great double bed. The roll up for storage so can keep at the bottom of a wardrobe or in cupboard for example. £300 for two so about the same/ cheaper than single bed and mattress. Can use yourselves camping, in guest room as double, or in living room for guests if the guest room becomes baby room

www.belltent.co.uk/the_camping_with_soul_naturalmat

Artandco Sat 13-Jun-15 12:22:30

John Lewis also sell this

m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/house-by-john-lewis-kix-double-sofa-bed/p1115654?colour=Oslo%20Putty&un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_38#page_loaded

wowfudge Sat 13-Jun-15 22:47:35

We have an IKEA Lycksele in our box room - it's a chair when folded up, but has a sturdy metal frame and (I think) memory foam mattress. We have a desk which is a table top on trestle legs so it dismantles to accommodate the bed without any hassle.

greenbottleglass Sat 13-Jun-15 23:24:30

Thanks for the ideas!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: