Talk

Advanced search

Spare room - bed, air bed, futon or sofa bed?

(5 Posts)
greenbottleglass Sat 13-Jun-15 12:12:02

WWYD. The room will be used for guests and will have a desk in it (a small, stylish one hopefully, if I win against dh) and will generally just be another space we have to use.

A bed will take up an awful lot of space. The sofa bed might not get used much.... Will a good quality air bed be ok?

This spare room is costing us a lot so I want to make the most of it!

It might have to turn into a baby's bedroom down the line

Artandco Sat 13-Jun-15 12:16:45

Get natural mat travel mattresses. X2 make a great double bed. The roll up for storage so can keep at the bottom of a wardrobe or in cupboard for example. £300 for two so about the same/ cheaper than single bed and mattress. Can use yourselves camping, in guest room as double, or in living room for guests if the guest room becomes baby room

www.belltent.co.uk/the_camping_with_soul_naturalmat

Artandco Sat 13-Jun-15 12:22:30

John Lewis also sell this

m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/house-by-john-lewis-kix-double-sofa-bed/p1115654?colour=Oslo%20Putty&un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_38#page_loaded

wowfudge Sat 13-Jun-15 22:47:35

We have an IKEA Lycksele in our box room - it's a chair when folded up, but has a sturdy metal frame and (I think) memory foam mattress. We have a desk which is a table top on trestle legs so it dismantles to accommodate the bed without any hassle.

greenbottleglass Sat 13-Jun-15 23:24:30

Thanks for the ideas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now