Talk

Advanced search

Blackened or Cornforth white?

(12 Posts)
Psipssina Tue 09-Jun-15 13:48:21

Not sure which is better/nicer...any thoughts? I can't tell from google images! smile

Thankyou

(am after more of a grey than a white, more warm tone than bluey tone iyswim)

Sleepybeanbump Tue 09-Jun-15 13:52:36

Blackened doesn't give a grey effect IMO. Sort of bluey white.

Cornforth white is a definitely grey although I wouldn't class it as warm. It's warmer than most similar colours from other manufacturers because of the subtle undertones. I had it in east facing bedroom for several years and it had a lovely violety undertone. But it's def in the bluey-grey family.

If you want warm grey I'd look at skimming stone or slipper satin (or others in their families).

Psipssina Tue 09-Jun-15 14:00:02

thank you so much. I thought skimming stone was more like a beigey colour? It is so hard to tell from their website.

ChishandFips33 Tue 09-Jun-15 18:20:01

I've just used Valspar's 'Whisper Softly' after having gone through multiple blinking samples and every one having a blue or purple tint

It's on a north facing wall and has a nearby north window - light grey when sunny and obviously a little darker when not - but not 'dark' iyswim

I'm very pleased with it - covered in one coat so am pleased with Valspar paint in general so will use again

Psipssina Tue 09-Jun-15 18:54:33

oH it sounds like you were looking for the same thing as me! smile

There is a lovely Dulux mix that comes off grey in a lot of lights, it's a different shade on every wall in my bedroom, called Pale Walnut but it's less beigey than grey.

It's just they had some F&B reduced in our local Homebase for some reason (they don't stock it) and I didn't know which to go for! Have got Cornforth in the end. And a pot of Charlotte's Locks in eggshell.

Which is a scary orange smile

Idoc Wed 10-Jun-15 20:53:23

Strong white f&b

LovelyBranches Thu 11-Jun-15 10:26:59

I have cornforth white in my livin room and it's lovely. I find it very warm and a soft, gentle grey. i have a South facing room though.

Eustace Thu 11-Jun-15 16:10:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Devora Thu 11-Jun-15 22:38:30

Yes, Blackened is bluey (lovely colour for a bedroom).

Cornforth white I think of as a very neutral grey. Think it's a couple of shades darker than Strong White. I have strong white all over the place - it's beautiful, very neutral. Ammonite is between the two.

Charlotte's Locks is a fabulous colour! The perfect orange. It is very in yer face, though. I have only used it in accents.

Lady84 Sun 14-Jun-15 14:06:03

Considering blackened for kitchen units as I want a light, blue-grey...

blodynmawr Sun 14-Jun-15 14:14:15

Have Blackened in our bedroom (south facing, gets lots of light during the day). It's been up 3 or 4 years and still looks great, in fact when the time comes I will prob repaint in the same colour. I am fussy about wall colour and spend a small fortune on sample pots every time I do a room blush. I considered various Dulux, Laura Ashley and I think B&Q own brand shades when it went up but Blackened was the best one - calm and not too dark etc.

Devora Sun 14-Jun-15 22:52:47

Yes, I'm a great fan of Blackened. I love how it moves between pale grey and pale blue in different lights. I've had it up for 5 years and it still makes me happy to look at it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now