Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend white paint

(12 Posts)
LazySusan11 Mon 08-Jun-15 14:48:00

Have decided to freshen up our house and for the first time I'd like white.

Our lounge diner faces north so think a yellow or cream based white but still looks white (?!) will be using dick egg blue accents.

We're having a new kitchen which faces south and I want a white that makes it look bigger as it's stupidly small.

Any suggestions please?

LazySusan11 Mon 08-Jun-15 14:48:42

Oh bloody hell...duck egg blue not dick, huge proof read fail confused

Wagglebee Mon 08-Jun-15 20:27:48

grin

I really like Timeless by Dulux. It's a vanilla white so not stark but definitely not cream. I have it in a North facing living room and it feels warm iykwim. It's lovely and bright.

Also have it in a South facing room and there it looks more white and a cooler tone.

LazySusan11 Mon 08-Jun-15 20:32:19

Thanks waggle

SnotQueen Mon 08-Jun-15 20:36:20

Crown Milk White in our house does the same as Waggle and her Timeless - soft and warm and gorgeous in north facing

Slightly cooler and crisp and modern looking (iykwim!) In south facing. We love it.

SnotQueen Mon 08-Jun-15 20:37:17

Oh and I must remember dick egg blue. grin

Wagglebee Mon 08-Jun-15 20:37:40

And the first thing my DM said when we painted the South facing room was that it looked bigger. It was cream before so not a huge change but it's definitely opened the space up.

maudpringles Mon 08-Jun-15 20:38:58

I saw Timeless recommended on a thread ages ago and we have used it throughout our downstairs area.
It is perfect smile

ChablisTyrant Wed 10-Jun-15 00:22:11

We have a Timeless house. Love it! It's a very soft white. Definitely not creamy but distinctly different from white white.

MsSampson Sun 21-Jun-15 14:45:49

We just used Dulux Light and Space Frosted Dawn in a very dark room. It gets very mixed reviews, and some people say it's hard to use, but I am a very lazy painter and I found it fine . It's made a huge difference - would definitely recommend for small dark spaces. It's very close in shade to Timeless

notnowImreading Sun 21-Jun-15 14:48:52

Definitely not Wickes own brand. It's like wallpaper paste rather than paint.

LazySusan11 Tue 23-Jun-15 10:41:58

Thanks all, have gone for Timeless smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now