Talk

Advanced search

What colour walls for a french style room for dd...

(14 Posts)
DeeCayed Wed 03-Jun-15 17:58:34

I've bought this bed which is Ivory (dressing table would also be Ivory) so would like a nice colour for the walls that won't look too wishy washy.

I was originally going to do pale pink walls with white bed/furniture and a dramatic ceiling light but I'm wondering if pale pink and Ivory together would give me the look I'm after. I've looked on Pinterest and saw a few ideas that I like but I'm useless at pulling a look together.
I'll post a few pictures of the things I like and if anyone can give me any feedback I'd be most grateful. Df always says I have no taste grin

Dd is 7 btw but this would have to last her a while so wanted something that she could grew into rather than out of.

DeeCayed Wed 03-Jun-15 18:03:03

I would like a canopy over the bed, and a nice rug but here's some of the rooms that I could take bits from for example the light or colour etc

DeeCayed Wed 03-Jun-15 18:04:17

The colour...

But I do like this purple colour. A bit much? hmm

cansu Wed 03-Jun-15 18:08:27

I used a lovely pale pink recently. Crown matt creme de la rose. It would be lovely with what you have chosen.

TheAwfulDaughter Wed 03-Jun-15 18:10:02

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LeoandBoosmum Wed 03-Jun-15 18:14:14

That pink is nice or something like this if she's not to girly, more relaxing colour than pink, I think:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/46/0d/c4/460dc460929145083b064fb4868a05e8.jpg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/db/1d/60/db1d60ab447dd8045c4673ea1d70ab7f.jpg

DeeCayed Wed 03-Jun-15 18:14:55

Thanks cansu I'll have a look for that.

theAwfulDaughter I do like blues but I'd be worried that it would look a bit cold, the room always seems a bit dark even with the current white walls. I suppose with the right shade it could work. Dd might take some convincing though grin Thank you.

AnyoneForTennis Wed 03-Jun-15 18:44:21

Light grey feature wall with the other walls in pale pink?

I recommend 'love note' in dulux classics and 'spotlight' in crown

DeeCayed Wed 03-Jun-15 19:39:41

Ooh Leo I like those colours, think I'd use it in my room which is on the list of rooms to be decorated once it's built!

AnyoneForTennis I thought about light grey with pink but I'm doing ds2's room that colour. Actually, just quickly checked pintrest and I'm liking the ideas for grey and pink with Ivory/cream!

Allalonenow Wed 03-Jun-15 20:04:24

I think the lilac/lavender shade would be very pretty, a bit more unusual than pink for a girl's room, and a warmer tone than blue.
What about some Toile de Jouy wallpaper or bedding for a real French feel?

Selks Wed 03-Jun-15 20:26:37

Duck egg or Eau-de-nil would look lovely.

Devora Thu 04-Jun-15 14:01:57

Or a really creamy vintage yellow?

DeeCayed Fri 05-Jun-15 00:58:38

Thanks for the ideas, I think I'll get a few tester pots of the colours suggested and see which one we like the best - knowing dd it'll be monster high or frozen hmm

IssyStark Fri 05-Jun-15 13:48:50

I would probably go for blues rather than pinks, so Duck Egg/Eau-du-Nil as selk suggests.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now