Talk

Advanced search

What colour walls for a french style room for dd...

(14 Posts)
DeeCayed Wed 03-Jun-15 17:58:34

I've bought this bed which is Ivory (dressing table would also be Ivory) so would like a nice colour for the walls that won't look too wishy washy.

I was originally going to do pale pink walls with white bed/furniture and a dramatic ceiling light but I'm wondering if pale pink and Ivory together would give me the look I'm after. I've looked on Pinterest and saw a few ideas that I like but I'm useless at pulling a look together.
I'll post a few pictures of the things I like and if anyone can give me any feedback I'd be most grateful. Df always says I have no taste grin

Dd is 7 btw but this would have to last her a while so wanted something that she could grew into rather than out of.

DeeCayed Wed 03-Jun-15 18:03:03

I would like a canopy over the bed, and a nice rug but here's some of the rooms that I could take bits from for example the light or colour etc

DeeCayed Wed 03-Jun-15 18:04:17

The colour...

But I do like this purple colour. A bit much? hmm

cansu Wed 03-Jun-15 18:08:27

I used a lovely pale pink recently. Crown matt creme de la rose. It would be lovely with what you have chosen.

TheAwfulDaughter Wed 03-Jun-15 18:10:02

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LeoandBoosmum Wed 03-Jun-15 18:14:14

That pink is nice or something like this if she's not to girly, more relaxing colour than pink, I think:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/46/0d/c4/460dc460929145083b064fb4868a05e8.jpg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/db/1d/60/db1d60ab447dd8045c4673ea1d70ab7f.jpg

DeeCayed Wed 03-Jun-15 18:14:55

Thanks cansu I'll have a look for that.

theAwfulDaughter I do like blues but I'd be worried that it would look a bit cold, the room always seems a bit dark even with the current white walls. I suppose with the right shade it could work. Dd might take some convincing though grin Thank you.

AnyoneForTennis Wed 03-Jun-15 18:44:21

Light grey feature wall with the other walls in pale pink?

I recommend 'love note' in dulux classics and 'spotlight' in crown

DeeCayed Wed 03-Jun-15 19:39:41

Ooh Leo I like those colours, think I'd use it in my room which is on the list of rooms to be decorated once it's built!

AnyoneForTennis I thought about light grey with pink but I'm doing ds2's room that colour. Actually, just quickly checked pintrest and I'm liking the ideas for grey and pink with Ivory/cream!

Allalonenow Wed 03-Jun-15 20:04:24

I think the lilac/lavender shade would be very pretty, a bit more unusual than pink for a girl's room, and a warmer tone than blue.
What about some Toile de Jouy wallpaper or bedding for a real French feel?

Selks Wed 03-Jun-15 20:26:37

Duck egg or Eau-de-nil would look lovely.

Devora Thu 04-Jun-15 14:01:57

Or a really creamy vintage yellow?

DeeCayed Fri 05-Jun-15 00:58:38

Thanks for the ideas, I think I'll get a few tester pots of the colours suggested and see which one we like the best - knowing dd it'll be monster high or frozen hmm

IssyStark Fri 05-Jun-15 13:48:50

I would probably go for blues rather than pinks, so Duck Egg/Eau-du-Nil as selk suggests.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: