Talk

Advanced search

Comfy freestanding bath

(5 Posts)
FurbysMakeSexNoises Mon 01-Jun-15 21:23:03

I'm used to the standard very old-fashioned built in bath where you are mostly lying down but your shoulders are on a slant and your head slightly tips over the back. I find it really cosy and comfy and great for reading a book but I'm planning my new big guest/family bathroom and want to get a posh new freestanding one. I'm worried that most seem to have you in a sitting upright position mostly.

Do any of you have a very comfy one to recommend?! I also have a fear that cast iron is cold everywhere that the water isn't against it a bit like old enamel baths but worry that acrylic looks cheaper and will mark so thoughts on that welcome too! Not sure we are in the budget for Victoria and Albert/ Albion baths but had considered them.

TIA. thanks.

FurbysMakeSexNoises Tue 02-Jun-15 18:27:28

Anyone?

schloss Thu 04-Jun-15 22:17:23

Hi,

I can recommend cast iron slipper bath, very comfy and unless spend many hours in there the water does not go cold quickly! Bathroom pic taken half way through renovation!

S.

msmorgan Fri 05-Jun-15 06:31:37

Hi,

We have the Dawlish slipper bath from The Cast Iron Bath Company. It's really comfy and retains heat as well or better than our old acrylic bath.

Cast Iron Bath Co. have a good range, were lovely to deal with and are cheaper than Albion. Also Victorian Plumbing had a few reasonably priced ones.

FurbysMakeSexNoises Sat 06-Jun-15 12:23:30

Thanks that's really helpful! Will have a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now