Talk

Advanced search

Which Dulux colour looks closest to F&B Breakfast Room?

(7 Posts)
GatoradeMeBitch Mon 16-Feb-15 20:13:44

This is Breakfast Room www.farrow-ball.com/breakfast-room-green/colours/farrow-ball/fcp-product/100081

I love it! But I want the colour for a high traffic part of the house and I have a teenager who leaves greasy hand prints on walls. Apparently F&B doesn't stand up very well to frequent cleaning, so the real F&B paint will have to wait until I have an empty nest...

I've been looking at the Dulux greens but I am terrible at isolating and comparing shades. None of them look right to me. Does anyone know which colour name would match closest? Or is there a dupe in another range? I can't find anything online.

AwfulBeryl Mon 16-Feb-15 20:15:32

We have this in our dining room, it's soft moss.

AwfulBeryl Mon 16-Feb-15 20:16:51

Oh maybe it isn't actually, I don't think I am very good at it either.

MoreCrackThanHarlem Mon 16-Feb-15 20:20:46

We have Dulux Putting Green in the kitchen which looks similar, if a little lighter. It's a lovely colour.

26Point2Miles Mon 16-Feb-15 20:38:30

Paint can be mixed in valspar paint at b&q. They will mix the farrow and ball shade for you if you take in the chart to colour match

alwayssleepy Wed 18-Feb-15 13:18:22

I find dulux paint just doesn't cover as well or look as nice as F&B. The F&B Modern Emulsion is fairly hard wearing I find, but not as easy to care as a specially designed 'scrubable' paint.

That colour is rather unique, glowing but soft, I have seen it for real in a house and it will be hard to match. You wont really match it i dont think, but you can maybe get something similar.

You can mix water based varnish into water based paint, which makes it more of a satin finish and much more wipe-able. Not sure I would risk this with a expensive pot of F&B though, but you could test it with just a bit first from a tester pot. You need to make sure your combo of paint and varnish dries ok, or actually dries at all.

Or I would go for a paint that is similar from Fired Earth, and get the Super Emulsion, which you can wipe and is for high traffic. Maybe in Garnet? www.firedearth.com/paint/colour/greens/garnet-6

OliviaBenson Wed 18-Feb-15 13:21:35

We have this colour in our hall (so high traffic area) and its holding up really well. Just go with the f&b modern emulsion and it will be fine! Ps we get lots of compliments on it- such a lovely colour smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: