Talk

Advanced search

Farrow and Ball Colour Consultant Service...

(13 Posts)
Lucysaysno Thu 05-Feb-15 17:10:04

Is it worth it? I am building a new house and so need to choose paint for every room...

milkwasabadchoice Thu 05-Feb-15 17:20:26

You could start by phoning them and talking about room size/amount of light/north facing and tell them what colours you think you like and ask what matches or complements these colours. That would prob all be free. Then buy a bunch of testers. Then if you still can't decide, buy a large pot of dulux brilliant white think about paying for an advisor.

26Point2Miles Thu 05-Feb-15 17:39:46

Just take the chart to b&q and ask them to mix up the farrow and ball colours in valspar paint for a fraction of the price?

StainlessSteelBegonia Thu 05-Feb-15 23:27:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Devora Fri 06-Feb-15 01:13:30

I have a friend who did this just recently. She thought it was great. Having said that, some caveats:

1. She just loved the experience - said spending 90 minutes discussing varying shades of white felt ridiculously self-indulgent but also huge fun

2. she intends to use F&B throughout, so the price of the consultation was small in comparison and probably worth it to be confident she has made the right choices.

3. She is pretty well off.

Lucysaysno Fri 06-Feb-15 09:01:55

Thanks Devora that's very useful

Floggingmolly Fri 06-Feb-15 09:06:03

Does that work, 26Point? I've found what I think is the perfect shade, but my choice of colours always look completely different when it's actually on the wall. I think the light in my house must be different...
Can't afford any more expensive mistakes.

vinoandbrie Fri 06-Feb-15 09:52:23

I did this the other month (did a thread asking about it too). It was brilliant to go through room by room and discuss schemes, ensure a flow of colours through the house etc.

Would highly recommend, worth the money, you get a report with specific amounts, prices, etc. by room.

Devora Fri 06-Feb-15 16:49:04

Apparently the consultant brings huge swatches that get pinned up all over the walls, then she moves them to different walls so you can see the effect of different lights. So it's better than painting one small tester, or moving around a painted A4 sheet (which is what I usually do).

Her expertise is absolutely around knowing which corners of the room to show the colours against, and also how the colours relate to each other.

I didn't know before that apparently the colour chart is set out so that vertical columns indicate colour families. Did everybody else know that already?

SunTree Sat 07-Feb-15 00:42:28

How much does it cost?

Devora Sat 07-Feb-15 01:11:16

I think she said about £150

Devora Sat 07-Feb-15 01:11:49

I don't know whether that is the same for all consultants, or whether they fix their own rates.

SunTree Sat 07-Feb-15 13:55:48

Thank you Devora. Sounds very fun and helpful.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: