Advanced search

Need advice on paint for kitchen cupboards

(7 Posts)
Lucysaysno Wed 04-Feb-15 23:51:54

I would like a light grey for the kitchen cabinets and am torn between Farrow and Ball Cornforth White and Ammonite. Which of these two would you choose for a south facing kitchen with white stone countertops, simple in frame units and a medium to darkish wooden floor?

Are there any other options we should be considering?

msmorgan Thu 05-Feb-15 07:31:02

I'd go for Cornforth White for more contrast against the white worktops, although there isn't that much between the two.

Our kitchen cupboards are Cornforth in a north facing kitchen and we have Ammonite and Purbeck Stone on the walls in the south facing living room. Our kitchens quite gloomy but the cupboards don't look dark.

Lucysaysno Thu 05-Feb-15 10:56:46

Thanks Ms Morgan

MirandaGoshawk Thu 05-Feb-15 10:58:38

That combination sounds gorgeous. Just marking my place because I want pale grey too.

Cockbollocks Thu 05-Feb-15 11:10:01

I have recently had my cabinets painted in skylight with the higher cabinets in slipper satin. The walls Wimborne white.

I'm really pleased, I originally fancied Parm gray but felt I needed just a hint of colour!

Lucysaysno Thu 05-Feb-15 17:06:35

That combo sounds lovely

mandy214 Fri 06-Feb-15 17:50:14

Are you having them professionally painted or are you doing it yourself?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now