Advanced search

What colour is your bedroom

(36 Posts)
spottymoo Mon 02-Feb-15 09:24:52

Complete blank canvas need inspiration grin

muffpuff Mon 02-Feb-15 09:31:05

One wall is what I can only describe as Barney coloured (yes the dinosaur) and the others are very slightly off white/faint grey tinge.

I love it, its calming grin

INeedSomeHelp Mon 02-Feb-15 09:37:53

I have one feature wall behind the bed (yes a big MN no no!). It is a mainly cream wallpaper with the outline of flowers in pale beige and silver - Laura Ashley from a few years ago.
The other walls are painted the pale beige. It is very calm and relaxing.

LastOneDancing Mon 02-Feb-15 09:55:07

Ours is 'coyote grey' which is a sort of brownish grey, and off white sounds rank but it's very nice.

Get thee onto pinterest for inspiration and to ogle beautiful bedrooms of which us normal folks can only dream... smile

Redglitter Mon 02-Feb-15 11:09:42

Neutral walls and assorted shades of plum/purple accessories

IssyStark Mon 02-Feb-15 11:46:23

White with high gloss dark wood floor and oak furniture (mainly Habitat radius with Ikea wardrobes). Roman blind in white cotton, the rugs are white/cream and the bedlinen white (or Orla Keily pears in white and grey). We have a big abstract painting in blues opposite the bed.

NaughtyDoggie Mon 02-Feb-15 11:50:28

Ours is laura Ashley sea spray. its a blue/grey. All furniture is white with all silver handles. 3 walls painted and one wall wallpaper. I love it but it's always a mess as my toddler keeps pulling everything out of drawers and cupboards!

HoraceCope Mon 02-Feb-15 11:51:49

two beige, two pale blue, and no room to swing a cat, or jump from the chandeliers

LoblollyBoy Mon 02-Feb-15 11:55:01

A grubby pink colour with traditional brown furniture. Always, in every home I've owned. After marriage, shade of pink was altered slightly to grubby dark pink.

invisiblecrown Mon 02-Feb-15 11:59:14

3 of my walls are cream with a bit of shimmer in the wallpaper, the 4th wall is the same colour, but with an elaborate black and silver pattern of pheasants sitting on tree branches grin

Its really nice, I promise!

limesoda Mon 02-Feb-15 14:46:36

We we get the windows replaced and the walls skimmed it will be farrow and ball 'borrowed light' with white furniture and bedding.

Its what we had in our last house and I LOVE it.

Kittykatmacbill Mon 02-Feb-15 16:03:13

F&B elephant breath, oak furniture excluding a beautiful dark wood antique wood chest of drawers and dd2 white cot. Bedding is white with duck egg or hotpink embroided bits depending which week it is! Curtains and rugs are dark brown and white.

Madamecastafiore Mon 02-Feb-15 16:05:14

F&B Pale Blue. Which is actually green.

glammanana Mon 02-Feb-15 16:08:05

All white gloss furniture and bed frame with duck egg blue and cream very wide striped wallpaper to the wall behind the bed,matching curtains in the same stripe and plain duck egg lightly quilted throw,I love it as its so relaxing.

DarylDixonsDarlin Mon 02-Feb-15 16:11:16

Soft latte walls, white woodwork, waxed pine furniture, duck egg and cream bedlinen. Beige and duck egg curtains. White lampshade printed with birds and flowers.

Butterpuff Mon 02-Feb-15 16:13:39

Ours was gross wishy washy dirty creamy colour on woodchip until the weekend. Now its yucky woodchip with all walls painted pea green confused

Eastwickwitch Mon 02-Feb-15 17:46:34

F&B Borrowed Light, a pretty pale blue. Very bedroomy.

TheFutureMrsB Mon 02-Feb-15 17:54:44

Pale grey on 3 walls with a shimmery grey/silver paper on the remaining wall. I love it.

JoanJettPack Mon 02-Feb-15 17:55:23

Ours is rich red. I like it because it feels really cosy but it's too dark, really, and we are planning to redecorate at some point.

RustyBear Mon 02-Feb-15 18:02:58

Mine is red too - I love it because it feels warm and cosy. I do have white bedlinen which makes it look lighter.

wobblebobblehat Mon 02-Feb-15 23:21:16

F&B Borrowed Light.

T'is a thing of beauty...

Quitethewoodsman Mon 02-Feb-15 23:25:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RaphaellaTheSpanishWaterDog Tue 03-Feb-15 19:39:33

F&B Olive with bare floorboards, a vintage Liberty rug (in green, cream and terracotta), original Art Nouveau suite, lemony-yellow curtains/cushions and Zara white bedding with green/lemon embroidered detail.....

Or at least it will be once I get my arse into gear and finish my current painting project......we only bought this place in December and am determined that our bedroom won't be the last room decorated this time!

Now I just need to source an original Art Nouveau fireplace......

adora1985 Fri 06-Feb-15 16:13:25

Mine is teal, I made the colour tales by combining several part used tons together, adding in some chalk paints, and it made a super matte finish. All the woodwork is white, so are the curtains and the furniture, and we have white wall hangings, it's created a really striking contrast between the colours by keeping the room to basically two colours.

Hullygully Fri 06-Feb-15 16:17:19

god you lot are fancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now