Talk

Advanced search

Stuck with these curtains - how to decorate the room?

(9 Posts)
IorekByrnisonsArmour Sun 01-Feb-15 09:56:02

Please give me some ideas.

DH was sent to buy curtains for our bedroom. He didn't buy the ones I had chosen as they didn't have the correct size. He did buy these as he really liked them hmm

I had based the colour scheme on the other curtains, I just can't decide with these.

This is the first time in 8 years we are decorating our bedroom. Our home has been a long term project. We had plaster pink for 2 years and then painted the walls white. So we have white walls and woodwork and these curtains.

TIA flowers

Lj8893 Sun 01-Feb-15 09:57:54

Laura Ashley?! They do (or did) have a matching bedset to those curtains, could that be an option?

Stillyummy Sun 01-Feb-15 10:05:12

I'd paint the walls the White/cream background colour and one wall the green of the leaves or the colour of the flowers. The green or pink choice would depend if the room was a sunny room or not.

FamiliesShareGerms Sun 01-Feb-15 10:08:04

What Still said

burnishedsilver Sun 01-Feb-15 12:43:58

I think I'd buy the matching bedding and keep the stripe to the outside. Then paint in one or maybe two colours chosen from the stripes.

MirandaGoshawk Sun 01-Feb-15 12:47:41

Is that Gosford park? I had it in the purple in my old house and I loved it! <<unhelpful>>

I bought a canvas and copied three of the flowers & had it hung over the bed. I'm no Rembrandt but they are easy to copy. The rest of the room was cream. It looked great!

LocalEditorWiltshire Sun 01-Feb-15 19:01:32

You are all fantastic!

I was thinking along those lines still, but I'm hopeless at decorating and colour schemes and instinctively think that if I think it's a good idea it's probably not!

I like the idea of a green. Should I try to match it to the curtains?

Allalonenow Sun 01-Feb-15 19:42:44

I really like the fabric.
I'd match one or more of the greens in the fabric to a striped wallpaper and use that on the wall behind the bed, the other walls I'd paint a buttery warm cream. If you are redoing the paintwork I'd pick the lilac shade from the tulips. That will be relaxing and a change from the white and pink you've recently used.

To tie it together, I'd get the bedding, or if money was tight only the pillowcases, and a lilac throw for the bed the same shade as the lilac in the tulips. I'd look out for a picture of over blown tulips in similar colours, search on line etc to complete the look.

hankyspanky Mon 02-Feb-15 07:39:00

I would pick 3 of the bold colours from the stripe side of the duvet and using masking tape and a steady hand, make a feature wall with horizontal stripes. The rest of the walls and woodwork I would keep fairly neutral, ie cream, white or magnolia.
They are lovely btw.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: