Talk

Advanced search

What goes with mizzle?!! Head about to explode arghhhhhhhhhhh!

(6 Posts)
af2000 Tue 27-Jan-15 22:37:51

We have had our living room painted in F&B mizzle (like a green sort of colour) with white skirting and alcove shelves. I have a light cream sofa with a sort of pattern in the fabric (which we are keeping due to small child and ineditable destruction of said sofa).

I would like an armchair to go in the room with a footstool which can be used for storage and occasional sitting on. What colour should I go for? Do I try to match the mizzle or the sofa or something totally different?! The curtains are neutral but patterned (floral). confused

Help!

Devora Wed 28-Jan-15 02:10:44

It's hard to know without seeing your room - in particular, I think, I tend to go more neutral where there is clutter (loads in my house) as colour adds more 'noise'. But if your room is reasonably tranquil I would go for a shot of colour, I think - mustard or burnt orange? If that is too strong, then maybe charcoal or teal?

af2000 Wed 28-Jan-15 06:33:21

Ha yes I love to think of it as being a beautiful tranquil space.. The reality is that it will probably be filled up with toys and gradually destroyed! Love the idea of something charcoal

af2000 Wed 28-Jan-15 06:33:42

First world problems, I know

meandjulio Wed 28-Jan-15 06:34:49

I would go for some kind of purple but I like the sound of charcoal too

but if you could see my house you might not take my design advice tbh

SingRingPing Wed 28-Jan-15 08:06:27

We have mizzle in our play room and dining room. We have an iron grey type sofa with a greeny/blue throw (need to dog proof!). We also need to get two smaller occasional chairs and we were thinking grey shade again (need to keep dark with children/dogs) but with brightly coloured cushions.
I think it's a colour that would go with most things.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: