Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen cabinets - colours

(7 Posts)
pixiepoo99 Fri 16-Jan-15 14:13:17

Hi all... Seeking some advice!

Hubby is a joiner and has made us a handmade kitchen to go in our new extension on our cottage. It is beautiful but I am struggling now to know what colours to paint it. I have scoured the Internet (I have read a lot about not using F&B on the cabinets so I will take that on board) but still struggling to find the right colour.

Our kitchen consists of mix of granite/oak tops, a main 'L' shape of units and then an island in the middle. Wondered what you chose to paint your units?

I love the fresh, slightly modern look of off white/beige/putty colours, have you had anything similar. There are so many pictures on the Internet but not many tell you the actually colour they have used.

Then there is the stress of what colour to put on the walls aargh!

Would be great to know your thoughts!!

(We also have a dresser and painted dining table to go in the room that I am thinking of contrasting against the units).

StuntBottom Fri 16-Jan-15 20:37:43

When we had our kitchen done recently, our designer said that creams and off-whites could look 'dirty' when put against white appliances. We went for white units which gave us a lot of flexibility for wall colour and picking out a stronger colour for curtains/blinds/accessories.

OnePlanOnHouzz Fri 16-Jan-15 22:14:59

I have white top units - and (the dreaded ) F&B Moles breath base cabinets ( have no probs with it - it's fab!) and maple tops - and my island is maple too ! I scoured Pinterest and Houzz before repainting recently (was blue before ) - was great fun scanning through all those beautiful rooms !!!! Have fun finding what makes you both smile !

Eastwickwitch Sat 17-Jan-15 10:46:24

I've just discovered F&B Shaded White, it would be lovely on kitchen cupboards.
If you google 'Modern Country' there are lots of discussions on colours.

Pagwatch Sat 17-Jan-15 12:38:16

I went with marine blue from fired Earth on the cabinets and strong white from F&B on the walls and woodwork.
I used a steel coloured glass splash back an marvelled white composite work tops.

It's practical and lovely. 18 months on I still love it.

Pagwatch Sat 17-Jan-15 12:57:02

Here

Lucysaysno Sat 17-Jan-15 21:20:07

Pixie sorry to thread jack but can I ask why it is not advisable to use f&b on kitchen cabinets? smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: