Talk

Advanced search

Where to find house-shaped wall shelf

(13 Posts)
decordrama Tue 13-Jan-15 13:19:55

I am hoping someone can help me find a wall shelf unit that I am sure I saw (I can't have dreamt it!) in a magazine or on a website a few months ago. It was a wall shelf unit for a child's room. It was shaped like a dollhouse. I know these are quite common and are sold in lots of places but this one was a bit different in that the shelves weren't divided into "rooms" as such. It was divided into little nooks to hold treasured items, such as a PlayMobil man or a pebble, those little things kids love to collect. The books were only big enough to store one little item in each.

This is what attracted me to it. DD1 has a million little "precious" things lying around everywhere and I thought it would be mode for her to have somewhere to display them and keep them safe. And save my feet from standing on pebbles and shells and her very favourite Lego piece ever!!

Does anyone have any clue what I'm talking about? I cant remember for the life of me where I saw it. I have gone through old magazined and revisited all the websites I could think of and can't find mention of it.

Hope someone can help. I'm starting to go a bit crazy over it!

QuintlessShadows Tue 13-Jan-15 13:21:43

here?

IHeartKingThistle Tue 13-Jan-15 13:25:27

You can get little ones for crafting from ebay quite cheaply. Type in house shelf.

I have an old printers tray that I use for the same purpose and it is my favourite thing!

RoundRobinSparkles Tue 13-Jan-15 13:27:10

This one is gorgeous but it's quite small. There's a taller one but it says it's not available atm.

AmeliaPeabody Tue 13-Jan-15 13:28:46

GLTC used to sell them I think.

But Ferm Living do a better quality house-type shelf.

RoundRobinSparkles Tue 13-Jan-15 13:38:29

this one has smaller compartments.

decordrama Tue 13-Jan-15 16:13:16

Thanks for your suggestions. They're all lovely but none is the one I saw before. As I remember it it had rows of very small compartments -think one PlayMobil man sized. I may be remembering it wrong. I had considered the gltc one but I tjknk if I am to convince DD that it is a very special home I keep her very special things it would need the individual toys sized compartments.

Any other ideas?

Floggingmolly Fri 16-Jan-15 20:44:47

Google printers trays. Is that what you mean?

caitlinannalisesmummy Mon 19-Jan-15 10:50:45

Try Etsy?https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/190258503/handmade-wooden-display-house-storage?ref=sr_gallery_33&ga_search_query=house+shelf&ga_locationQuery=2635167&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

caitlinannalisesmummy Mon 19-Jan-15 10:54:33

Or this one?http://shop.sueryder.org/dolls-house-shelf.html

CreamSubstitute Mon 19-Jan-15 10:59:37

This comes in natural wood or white but is quite big. We've got one.
babystylefile.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/baby-style-file-lovesa-wooden-show-home.html

or something like this which is much smaller. My daughter has a similar one which is used for storing little things.
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Craft-Storage-Unit-Floating-Wall-Cube-Storage-Display-Wooden-Shelf-House-Shaped-/191427398523

Schweetheart Tue 20-Jan-15 19:23:15

Are you still looking? We've got this one in DD's room: m.hm.com/gb/product/24460?article=24460-A

Schweetheart Tue 20-Jan-15 19:24:09

Sorry I see it's now sold out blush but their stuff does come back in stock...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: