Talk

Advanced search

Valspar paint at B&Q

(11 Posts)
keepmoving Wed 07-Jan-15 16:07:35

I am looking for the perfect oatmeal colour paint that has so far proved elusive. A friend has told me about a B&Q range called Valspar where they colour match (have the colour on a cushion) but I have never heard of this range. Anyone tried it before i take the plunge?

mabelbabel Wed 07-Jan-15 16:15:25

We had some (but not colour matched) I was sceptical but actually it was great - really easy to apply and great coverage.

Rainicorn Wed 07-Jan-15 16:16:53

DH is the manager of that department, and he raves about this paint. We have bought some and it really is great. The coverage is excellent and there are hundreds of colours to match from.

kilmuir Wed 07-Jan-15 16:18:10

Great stuff, think its from America originally

keepmoving Wed 07-Jan-15 16:24:48

Thanks. There are really mixed reviews online, some people rave about it and others seem to think it is awful. 3 out of 3 positives here so will give it a go. Thank you!

Greencheese Thu 08-Jan-15 19:52:58

I've just bought some that was colour matched, it's been fine. I commented in the store about some of the negative reviews and the women said that a lot of people don't prep properly and that's when their paint peels etc, so that's what a lot of their complaints were about.

NotPennysBoat Thu 08-Jan-15 19:55:54

We opted for the 'Premium' version for a toddlers room as it needed to be hardwearing. Apparently it went on really well, it looks great and it's been easily wipeable so far! I'd definitely use it again.

BikeRunSki Thu 08-Jan-15 19:58:57

Used it for a lot of decorating last Summer. Some colour matched, some not. Really nice paint, great coverage, has proven to be very durable (playroom and kitchen).

trufflenut Thu 08-Jan-15 21:03:56

I've used the premium, I found it to be lovely paint, easy to work with and good finish, marks come off well to

Mrsstevejones Fri 09-Jan-15 10:23:14

I used it in my kitchen - really good paint. The staff at the local B&Q were amazing, they spent ages with me trying to find just the right colour. Bought my work tops from there and tried to tie in a colour from the worktop, using their samples. They brought me tiles and a sample door front so i could visualise the whole look and put up with me whilst i hummed and ha-ed!

Just about to freshen up the living room and will def use them again,to colour match the colour from wallpaper background. Getting the house ready for sale and its a bit individual at the mo!

In the past i would usually use a massive tub of cheap magnolia (done up a few places for sale) and to keep costs down so i used that as a base coat and only needed one coat and a touch up coat - looks great.

keepmoving Sat 10-Jan-15 18:29:53

We bought some based on the feedback on here and DH is very impressed (I pick the colour and he paints). Looks great so thank you for MNetters!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now