Talk

Advanced search

Buying new sofa-'Aqua Clean' fabric- anyone tried it?

(2 Posts)
Iatemyskinnyperson Wed 07-Jan-15 13:29:00

We're shopping for new sofas. We're looking for very hard-wearing pieces, as our youngest has ASD, so is hard on furniture (as in a very extended toilet training phase) along with usual wear & tear.

So we went to a local store... The salesman recommend a new fabric called 'Aqua Clean', which is supposed to repel stains and allow easy clean up. No real additional cost but only on the more expensive models.

I'd love to hear if anyone has any experience of it...

Our other option is leather, which I'm not crazy about. I think they can show wear sooner due to scuff marks/scratches etc.

Please share your experiences!! Thx

gaydad79 Sat 15-Apr-17 09:29:48

I was just looking into this same thing for an armchair that we're considering buying for the nursery. Did you end up getting the sofa with the aquaclean fabric? Would you say it's worth it?

The armchair that we're considering is 100% polyester but looks and feels like velvet. Given that it's navy and aquaclean, we were hoping it would be suitable as a nursing chair.

Any thought would be greatly appreciated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now