Talk

Advanced search

Wall mounted Television AND Sound Bar and their accompanying ****** wires

(6 Posts)
WhiteHairReally Fri 02-Jan-15 18:31:41

Yes, I know it's considered naff by some, but I lost that battle. What I am now faced with are all the bloody wires coming out of the TV, the sound bar, the DVD player and the Apple TV gizmo. (I suppose I ought to be grateful that my DS long since sold the Wii) I've followed previous threads about getting someone to chase the wires into the wall and then re-plaster, however, these wires are either very short (Thanks Sony for that) and coming out in all different directions to a range of sockets and extensions.

We have hung two beautiful plain Danish cubed units below the catastrophe, but they are currently marred by the detritus of wires and gizmos.

I wondered whether anyone had had any success having a false wall/piece of MDF mounted so that the mess can be hidden behind it and then painted to match the wall? If so, what sort of clever tradesperson did you get to do the job? Sadly neither my DH or I have the necessary skills.

Currently, there has to be something really good on the television for my attention not to stray to the half a dozen wires spewing out in all directions from the bottom of the screen.

First world problems...

Mercedes519 Fri 02-Jan-15 18:35:36

You can get sticky half moon shaped things which attach to the wall and hide the wires. Hang on let me google...

Mercedes519 Fri 02-Jan-15 18:37:57

www.amazon.co.uk/Magnolia-Cable-Covers-Conduit-Speaker/dp/B003V4G04W/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1420223804&sr=8-8&keywords=wire+hide

Like this. We have them as we have sphagetti junction behind our TV...I feel your pain

Behooven Fri 02-Jan-15 18:45:51

You can get a floating wall put in by a joiner. Looks really cool when backlit.

babyboo1and2 Fri 02-Jan-15 19:18:53

We had a false chimney breast built from MDF and TV placed above fire (just for show). TiVo box, DVD player etc all inside the fireplace (where the real fire flames would be). All wires inside chimney breast and small hole in side of chimney breast where an extension lead fits through. Has worked brilliantly. HTH

WhiteHairReally Sat 03-Jan-15 19:04:54

Thank you all for the practical ideas and the supportive comments! I really appreciate it. Obviously DH, having bulldozed the original 'Media set up' is now a tad defensive, so will have to move carefully...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now