Talk

Advanced search

Alternative to cream carpet?

(4 Posts)
FunkyPeacock Thu 01-Jan-15 13:14:57

We need to replace our lounge carpet due to accidental damage. It is only about 4 years old and even before the current damage it has numerous marks on it which will not budge despite having paid to have it professionally cleaned

I definitely don't want tiles, wood or laminate but wondering if a colour other than cream would be easier to keep clean?
But it is a large room with light decor so can't really imagine it looking good with a darker or patterned design

Any ideas for an alternative or tips for keeping a pale colour carpet looking good? (but I am definitely not prepared to become obsessive about guests removing shoes!)

Eminybob Thu 01-Jan-15 13:24:03

Chocolate brown? I viewed a house with brown carpets all the way through and it actually looked quite nice.
I have "caramel" in my house now, so a dark cream/beige but it does show the dirt and there are a couple of stains already (only had it a yearblush) so I wish I had gone darker.

FunkyPeacock Thu 01-Jan-15 15:35:08

Thanks Eminy
Not got as far as going to the carpet shop yet but will see what they have in brown & caramel shades

spottymoo Thu 01-Jan-15 19:01:04

We have a medium brown medium pile and with two dogs daily vacuuming on hair it still looks new two years later.

The longer pile tends to find a multitude of sins rather than flat weeve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now