Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried Farrow and Ball eggshell on skirting boards?

(8 Posts)
whataboutbob Mon 29-Dec-14 21:09:43

DH just painted skirting boards in loft extension in Dulux timeless. It looks awful in the bathroom (but OK in the bedroom, I think because of different light levels). Really flat, cold and shiny. I am thinking of painting over it in a suitable F&B colour- has anyone tried this? how does it look? Thanks.

MarshaBrady Mon 29-Dec-14 21:14:10

Yep F&B eggshell in pointing or Wimborne white here. It looks really nice.

whataboutbob Mon 29-Dec-14 21:31:26

Hey that sounds good I have Pointing in the bedroom on the walls, it's a lovely soft colour.

MarshaBrady Mon 29-Dec-14 23:00:14

It is and the eggshell is silky, smooth paint. The opposite of flat and shiny.

Just check oil based v water, that might be obvious though. But I can't remember which one it is.

trackydacks Mon 29-Dec-14 23:11:25

I think we were ok with the F&B eggshell over existing gloss paint (was probably dulux) but if you do undercoat then use the F&B undercoat.

The eggshell is a lovely finish though - just shiny enough without being too glossy. It's water based too (currently painting kitchen cupboards in it)

whataboutbob Tue 30-Dec-14 15:59:46

Thanks everyone i went to F&B today in wimbledon and there was a very helpful American sales assistant she put all the existing colours together on their wooden boards (my current hall/ bathroom/ bedroom colour- they all adjoin) and recommended Pointing for the doorframes before i'd mentioned any colours. Wish I'd gone there first. She also has a loft extension and said that because of the odd angles and corners you get with lofts she just painted everything- skirting board, wall and ceiling in the one colour. You live and learn! I am considering the slightly insane option of repainting my skirting boards in the bedroom Pointing (over the Dulux timeless).

whataboutbob Fri 02-Jan-15 19:07:12

Just repainted. Three words: So Much Better.

justaweeone Sat 03-Jan-15 09:34:56

All of our woodwork is pointing. Love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now