Talk

Advanced search

Freshly painted hallway but don't want to mess it up with coats and shoes.

(10 Posts)
newrecruit Tue 16-Dec-14 16:54:21

Give me your best hall storage.

Narrow space (about 180cm and 30 cm deep) for coats and shoes to go.

Currently have coat rack on wall and freestanding shoes shelves but they always look an absolute mess.

Give me some better solutions!

newrecruit Fri 19-Dec-14 16:49:10

Bump

Mrsgrumble Fri 19-Dec-14 16:52:11

Ikea has beautiful shoes storage. I am going to get one in the new year and use a couple of drawers for baby stuff

It's very narrow and you can put to side by side if needed

www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60156121/

newrecruit Fri 19-Dec-14 16:54:30

Ooh that looks good, although DH is size 10.5.

I'm a little worried they won't fit smile

Mrsgrumble Fri 19-Dec-14 16:58:02

I would buy wicker baskets for dh shoes - frees up room in the shoe cabinet

Argos have cream leather (wipeable) ottomans that hold a lot of hall clutter or you google for a monks bench

Mrsgrumble Sat 20-Dec-14 14:43:36

Did you choose anything yet op?

Try Pinterest for hall storage ideas

newrecruit Sat 20-Dec-14 16:34:18

I've been looking at Pinterest.

What I would love is to have some of those drawers that pull out of the under stairs cupboard.

Has anyone had them built? How much do reckon they'd be? Is it one of those things that looks simple but would cost a grand?

Then maybe coat hooks and a bench type thing along the walls.

andywhy Sun 28-Dec-14 22:57:42

Hi

180cm is quite a decent length to work with!

What about wall mounted kitchen wall units (cut to fit depth if necessary) set at about seat height so it forms a long bench. Top with worktop or timber to provide a surface to put stuff on or sit. Leave a gap at the bottom to give a floating effect to give impression of more space/easier to clean and also a place to put guest shoes or 1 pair per person!! If they are kitchen units then you will have a choice of doors and handles etc.. Should be able to fit 2 shoes high with a shelf.

Andy

newrecruit Mon 29-Dec-14 00:28:03

Ooh I love that idea!

mawbroon Mon 29-Dec-14 00:42:30

I was fed up with shoes everywhere so bought 4 flexi bucket things for shoes/boots etc. One each.

Hats/gloves/bags/waterproofs are in a chest of drawers and the coats hang on the wall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now