Talk

Advanced search

help me find the right grey paint

(8 Posts)
AuntieMaggie Sat 13-Dec-14 12:56:21

I'm looking for a grey paint for our bedroom that's similar to this picture - have tried several testers but none of them are right - can anyone help?

26Point2Miles Sat 13-Dec-14 13:06:00

Be careful with grey, always choose a lighter shade as it bounces and tends to look darker than intended

Valspar paint mixing centres ( b&q) have light boxes and can advise you

ILoveSimonCowell Sat 13-Dec-14 13:14:07

I have used this colour...

www.farrow-ball.com/lamp-room-gray/colours//fcp-product/100088

It's not dark at all.

Eastwickwitch Sat 13-Dec-14 15:13:44

I have it too Simon with Strong White. It's a gorgeous colour.

BooDidIScareYou Sat 13-Dec-14 15:33:43

I would say Dulux Night Jewels, which is one you can get mixed in b&q from the little chart thingies - we had it in our old house and I went through about 20 testers to get to it, its very similar to your picture. there are different shades, as someone else says above pick one that looks a little bit lighter than what you actually want as it will look darker once its on the walls.

fiorentina Mon 15-Dec-14 22:46:05

We have used farrow and ball pavilion grey which looks similar to that when paired with white woodwork etc. it's a light sunny room and I like it. Not too dark for us.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 19-Dec-14 21:15:26

We have fb manor house grey. It's lovely but a bit darker. BUT, it is a proper grey, not a bit lilacy like some of the sanderson ones were.

andywhy Sun 28-Dec-14 22:58:51

I would second lamp room grey!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now