Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for a nice neutral for living room to go with red sofas and these curtains

(8 Posts)
myotherusernameisbetter Sun 30-Nov-14 19:44:46

Suggestions for a nice neutral for living room to go with red sofas and these curtains?

Floor is oak and we have red sofas (as per the 2nd picture) which I can't afford to change at the moment - room is East facing, one large window and is currently builders magnolia smile

I have some other lovely curtains but can't use them as they don't go with the sofas sad

i'd like something a bit warmer than the magnolia but the contrast colour in the curtains is dark grey so I'm not sure what to go for.

myotherusernameisbetter Sun 30-Nov-14 20:02:25

Oops, just realised that sounded like an order - I meant to add "please" smile

burnishedsilver Sun 30-Nov-14 20:28:00

Light to mid grey.
Unfortunately finding the right grey will involve a million tester pots.

myotherusernameisbetter Sun 30-Nov-14 20:42:16

ha ha burnished - exactly what I thought but was trying to avoid.

myotherusernameisbetter Sun 30-Nov-14 20:42:54

I was also thinking the grey may not go with the floor?

Skyland Fri 12-Dec-14 14:04:32

Dulux just walnut is a light greige colour which I have in my family room and is quite light and would go with your curtains and sofas.

YuleStoryBro Fri 12-Dec-14 14:07:45

I used to have those exact curtains. They worked with a really pale greeny greige but I can't remember what it was called!

carlywurly Fri 12-Dec-14 14:10:28

I think I'd go with a warm, creamy white or a light beige brown, not too pinky in hue.
This will involve a million tester pots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now