Talk

Advanced search

Beds and where to buy them.

(10 Posts)
Pipbin Thu 27-Nov-14 22:13:20

We need a new bed. Our current one is getting creaky and we are thinking of an upgrade to kingsize.

Where are good places to buy beds? I've had a vague look but I can't find any I like. I would like a wooden frame with a headboard but no footboard as DH is very tall.

Any ideas for shops, store or even actual beds gratefully received.

WhatKatyDidnt Fri 28-Nov-14 09:05:17

Warren Evans is great.

WhatKatyDidnt Fri 28-Nov-14 09:06:42

We have one of their Shaker beds which would fit the bill in terms of no footboard.

Pipbin Fri 28-Nov-14 17:16:05

Their beds do look nice. It's a shame they are so London centric though.

LegoCaltrops Fri 28-Nov-14 17:19:01

Marking place - we need a nice single bed for DD. (Not London either.)

Blueberrybaby Fri 28-Nov-14 20:42:23

I just bought a new bed from Loaf. I am in love with it. They have a showroom in west London but otherwise you can order on line. Delivery was easy and well organised. They rang with a two hour window three days before.

Behoove Sat 29-Nov-14 10:42:34

You could have a look on Wayfair.co.uk big range from different manufacturers.

We recently re-did our bedroom and went for the Wentworth Oak - I'm really pleased with it all.

OrangeOwl Sat 29-Nov-14 15:49:15

Sounds obvious but wherever you end up going buy exactly the combination you try in the shop. We recently made the mistake of buying a mattress only, on a solid base (tried it on a slatted one in the shop) and it was so different. We ended up buying the base too and it now seems to be closer to the shop one. John Lewis were very helpful while we sorted a solution. Bed is great now and I would definitely go to JL for the service.

Bunbaker Sat 29-Nov-14 15:52:33

We bought a new bed three months ago from Bensons for Beds. It is a super king size and incredibly comfortable.

OrangeOwl Sat 29-Nov-14 15:52:58

Link for bedstead we bought

www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-emily-bedstead-mink-kingsize/p475258

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now