Talk

Advanced search

If grey is the new magnolia....

(39 Posts)
SASASI Sun 23-Nov-14 22:55:39

Recommend your 'go with everything' neutral grey paint brand & colour?

MiddletonPink Mon 24-Nov-14 22:38:34

Blackened F and B it's very subtle and pretty. Some say it has a blue tinge but not to me.

I also like F and B Dimpse, that's darker than blackened but only slightly so.

atticusclaw Mon 24-Nov-14 22:46:34

I like fired earth bone white. It's very soft.

LaurieFairyCake Mon 24-Nov-14 22:47:36

Farrow and Ball Cornforth White

Properly pale, warm grey

Chaseface Mon 24-Nov-14 22:49:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WorrisomeHeart Tue 25-Nov-14 09:53:19

Dulux Just Walnut - lovely and soft.

MiddletonPink Tue 25-Nov-14 12:04:29

See in my house cornforth isn't warm.
It's quite dark too. But I had it in my old house and it looked lovely and subtle.

It depends how grey you want it OP.

MiddletonPink Tue 25-Nov-14 12:07:41

Just googled the dulux walnut. It looks gorgeous. Very soft.

Neffi Tue 25-Nov-14 12:18:34

Dulux dusted moss.

Ihatemytoes Tue 25-Nov-14 12:45:39

Dulux Just Walnut. Also love Dulux Porcelain Doll.

JeffreyGartnerEatsWell Sat 29-Nov-14 10:51:51

My neighbours are in their late 60s and they've just had their whole house renovated, skimmed (replastered?) and new doors and frames, the lot. It looked like a beautiful enticing mesmerising blank canvas. And then, they had it painted magnolia!!

Tobyjugg Sat 29-Nov-14 17:49:32

Yes it is and I hate it.

Nepotism Thu 04-Dec-14 22:37:49

I think the fact that magnolia is just magnolia and grey varies so much means it won't be pigeonholed, no pun intended. I currently have about 10 grey testers on my walls and they vary from pinkish, through beiges, brownish, lilac and blue. Deeply frustrating and very expensive.

jugglingmonkey Thu 04-Dec-14 22:40:10

F&B strong white

sauvignonblacks Thu 04-Dec-14 22:41:37

Little Greene Rubine Ashes

northernmummeh Thu 04-Dec-14 22:43:11

Our front room is dulux classics 'bowler hat'
Whole room is done in it, bright white skirting/coving/alcove floating shelves and accessories are lime green

SASASI Sun 07-Dec-14 17:22:22

Grey (and hot pink) are my favourite colours so when it goes out of fashion it won't annoy me (I don't think) whereas as magnolia is just so blah & I'm fed up with it but we bought a new build & it had already been freshly painted.

Moving house next yr, rennovations start in the new year & I'm wanting Grey for the open plan living areas.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Needs several tester tins I think!

Sandthorn Sun 07-Dec-14 20:09:57

How very helpful, Toby wink

I like the Dulux Potter's Clay series.

Cabrinha Sun 07-Dec-14 22:27:24

Crown Smokey Mist. Or is it Misty Smoke? grin
Grey is everywhere, but I like it!

Lookslikeimstuckhere Sun 07-Dec-14 22:30:27

It took us ages to find the right shade for a south facing room. Ended up with Dulux Dusted Moss as so many others looked green or purple. You need to sample - sorry!

PoppyAmex Mon 08-Dec-14 19:03:46

F&B Blackened is stunning and looks nothing like the brochure.

FamiliesShareGerms Mon 08-Dec-14 19:10:32

Dulux Classics Wishing Well

Dulux Polished Pebble.

Although,I'm considering redoing the living room in Tranquil Retreat instead (and leaving the polished pebble in the bedrooms)

Magicpinkshadow Fri 12-Dec-14 12:07:40

I've just painted my room in f&b blackened after trying 10 different grey tester pots! I must say my blackened room looks beautiful!! Not sure which colour to inject into the room tho yellow, green, purple or teal??? Choices choices!!

ShebaRabbit Fri 12-Dec-14 15:31:46

Colourtrend "Silver Moonlight", have this in my southfacing dining room and its beautiful, there's almost a faint blue tone to it, excellent quality paint too. We only needed one coat over a very cheap white undercoat to cover up the previous owner's insanity-inducing orange. I've been using this paint for years and DH wont paint with anything else now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now