Talk

Advanced search

If woodwork white eggshell, what about built-in cupboard?

(4 Posts)
bigbutsrus1 Wed 12-Nov-14 21:58:59

Beginning to narrow my paint colour quest down - but now I have thought of yet another problem! It's a small north facing lounge, wood burner with built-in cupboards either side (only 1/3 up the wall). My question is, as I am painting the skirting and door frames (probably) FB Wimborne white in eggshell, do I paint the cupboards in this also? The walls are going to be Little Greene Pearl. Would it be too white? Or would it look odd if I did them a creamy colour? shock My DH and family fed up with my dithering over paint colours! Need some advise!smile

Eastwickwitch Thu 13-Nov-14 08:58:04

Watching with interest oh how I wish I'd been picked for the MN F&B thingy- I've got a similar dilemma.
Sitting room will probably be Skimming Stone with Wimborne White wood work. Should the book case, fire surround & panelling be a stronger colour?
I like the look of Purbeck Stone Op.

bigbutsrus1 Wed 19-Nov-14 08:19:18

Bump anyone?!?

averythinline Wed 19-Nov-14 08:29:57

Nice combination but I wouldn't introduce another colour esp as they are both cool types and I think look odd with a cream....

As room is small could you not do the cupboards pearl as well so they blend with the walls as less 'blocky' rather than the white.....?

think would paint all the rest then decide and do the cupboards last as you'll be able to feel which way would work better

I also drive my dh mad on paint bit its worth taking time over...smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now