Talk

Advanced search

Strong colour in one wall?

(10 Posts)
Behoove Wed 12-Nov-14 11:17:02

I've always been a bit afraid of colour on walls, probably because I find it hard to visualise.
Our decorator is coming in a couple of weeks and my dh has a strong hankering for something like this.
This is actually the side of a chocolate box! Have you seen a similar rich red and cream anywhere or can you recommend websites where I can look at painted rooms. Tia.

MagicMonday Wed 12-Nov-14 21:13:21

My living room is this colour with eggshell woodwork and picture rail. My painter persuaded me to be brave and paint all four walls as 'feature walls look shit'. He was right. I love it, dead cozy. Granted, it's not everyone's taste!

Behoove Wed 12-Nov-14 22:20:15

magic what is the colour on your walls called please?

Smukogrig Thu 13-Nov-14 00:04:03

maybe do two walls strong and then (at least) the wall opposite the window much paler to reflect a bit of light back in to the room.

Not a fan of one feature wall either but four dark strong walls would be a bit too womb like.

MagicMonday Thu 13-Nov-14 14:34:56

It's dulux ruby fountain 2. We have a massive mirror opposite the window to reflect the light. It's a really dark mews house, so not enough light to make a pale wall effective - it just looked a bit dirty. Big cream curtains though and loads of pictures to break it up.

An interior designer told me that I should have painted skirting and windows the same colour to create a feeling of space. It was there that my courage failed grin

MagicMonday Thu 13-Nov-14 14:37:22

This is it at night with a lamp on it. Much browner in natural light

Behoove Thu 13-Nov-14 17:09:21

I've got a tester of that! Mine is a north facing room so tends to gloomy/chilly. This may be perfect, thanks.

MagicMonday Thu 13-Nov-14 19:00:47

Good luck!

klog Sun 16-Nov-14 18:08:11

Can anyone recommend a nice orange? Bright. True oramge. Not rust or coral. Crown nigerian sands 5 looks like the right shade on line. So hard to tell. I chose a lilac so so so carefully once agonising over five shadez and the colour is nothing like the shade i picked which makes all the careful consideratiin pointless. I suppose i should order testers.

26Point2Miles Sun 16-Nov-14 22:02:24

Take the box into B&Q and get it colour matched? You can get it in valspar premium which is superior to dulux

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: