Talk

Advanced search

Pete Campbell's sitting room is lovely but his kitchen is horrible. (mad men, fashions in décor)

(6 Posts)
Smukogrig Wed 12-Nov-14 09:19:18

I was just watching old mad men on netflix last night and thinking that trudy and pete's sitting room is beautiful, kind of like the look I'm trying to pull together, it would work today. But their kitchen by today's standards is horrible. Dark and poky. Weird that they're out of synch. Or maybe it's not. We'd never go back to wanting a small 'hidden away' kitchen I guess.

Smukogrig Wed 12-Nov-14 09:21:15

i love the orange behind the shelves

MarshaBrady Wed 12-Nov-14 09:23:42

We were looking at some modern houses recently and the kitchens were so comparatively tiny. Odd, but the same era.

Looking at those pics reminds me how much I loved that show, and Don D.

Smukogrig Wed 12-Nov-14 11:07:12

when you say modern do you mean new build or 1950s onwards? My house is 1970 and the kitchen would have been v small. Previous owner made the dining room and kitchen all one.

MarshaBrady Wed 12-Nov-14 11:13:38

Yes 1950s onwards. A high propensity for those wood ceilings - quite low with strips of wood. Big living rooms and big windows.

We've seen some really lovely ones, and some that are a bit too austere with breeze block walls. But it's the large windows and lots of light that do it for me.

And yes the kitchens, were so small. Such a turnaround now where kitchen is a big consideration for families.

Fullpleatherjacket Wed 12-Nov-14 11:16:48

Oh, that shows the giraffe trio pictures.

I have lusted after those since I first saw them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now