Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Valspar mixing desks and their genius lighting thingies

(7 Posts)
Fcukfifa Tue 11-Nov-14 10:33:08

After trying 2 thousand different shades of grey on my living room wall and them all.looking.lilac angry
I have just been to my local b&q which has a new Valspar mixing desk.

Along the wall of the colour charts there is an alcove where you can put your colour card in and check against natural light, fluorescent light and energy saving light.

The first few colours I picked all looked lilac in the energy saving light conpartment which is what my living room has.

Then I picked up Three Wishes grin

True grey in all 3 lights, now I'm a chufty pants!

Has anyone else used this? Or Valspar paint? The lady said to me they have a scrubable matt, is this right?

Shedding Tue 11-Nov-14 11:07:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fcukfifa Tue 11-Nov-14 11:16:04

I'm not sure how much the different types of paint are, I've had a fake tan on face/dribbling through the night disaster so couldn't chat too much to the lady.

But for the standard wall emulsion I saw it was £43ish for 5 litres

Shedding Tue 11-Nov-14 11:48:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cheeseyfeet Tue 11-Nov-14 18:39:34

I bought a 2.5 litre pot of Kitchen and bathroom paint in Willow Green today and it was £27 something.

I'm halfway through paintingthe kithcen and it looks lovely smile I tried numerous other Crown/Dulux tester pots and none looked the same colour as they said! I got a tester pot of the Valspar for £2.50. Abit more expensive than the Dulux/Crown but the pot was almost double the size which is great as you can do larger patches on different walls to see it in different lights.

26Point2Miles Tue 11-Nov-14 18:54:38

the premium matt is certainly scrubbable,you can use it as chalkboard paint

standaed 5 litres £34.98
premium 5 litres £42.98

trufflenut Tue 11-Nov-14 22:02:51

Just used the premium Matt in our bedroom, really nice paint to work with and good finish

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now