Talk

Advanced search

Boys bedroom ideas 3 & 7 year old

(8 Posts)
Opipjo Fri 07-Nov-14 16:18:20

Currently our ds's 3 & 7 have separate bedrooms. Ds1 has asked if they can share a room.
We're happy for this to happen, but just not sure how we would decorate to suit each taste. They would be in ds1's room, which has a stripey feature wall and the other walls are cream...but with posters/pictures on of his favourite things.

How would you decorate the room? Just usual fairly neutral theme? Or have their own section of favourite things?

Any advice would be great!

Opipjo Fri 07-Nov-14 16:19:03

*use a .. not usual

burnishedsilver Fri 07-Nov-14 16:53:39

My advice, having been through it, is don't put a massive amount of effort into doing up the shared room because one or other of them will want to move to the spare room soon enough.

Opipjo Fri 07-Nov-14 17:28:31

Thanks smile
That's what we've said. We'll get bunk beds that can be separated to normal beds, just in case.
My eldest hates being on his own and loves being around someone, and i can't see that changing. So i imagine it will be the youngest that will up sticks first, but with him being young i don't think it will be for a few years yet.

Misty9 Mon 10-Nov-14 10:27:52

Checkout pinterest for great ideas, some of the ones I liked were giant letters of their name above their bed, and storage shelf thing with half each. For decor I'd keep it neutral then let them choose wall stickers each. Becky and lolo do great ones.

My two are about to share at 7 months and 3 years - slightly scared!

Misty9 Mon 10-Nov-14 10:31:33

Also, if you've got the space, check out the kura bed from ikea. The older one could have a den underneath, you can use it on lower set up for younger brother, or use one bed as bunkbed. Loads of great ideas on pinterest again grin can' you tell what I do when I'm feeding? !

IssyStark Tue 11-Nov-14 12:12:22

I've got my soon to be 3yo and soon to be 8yo in together in th box room (they then have the bigger room as a shared playroom. They've just moved from their toddler beds to proper bunk beds in the past month.

Each bunk has its own definite feel, with posters, stuffed toys, books on the bedhead bookselves etc so they have their own 'den' each. I'm planning to add a curtain rail and curtains to the bottom bunk at some point so the little one can really hide away if he wants (although I fear that the older one will ask for the same which will be far more awkward to achieve).

The rest of the room is fairly neutral (still the same since we decorated before ds1 was born): daffodil yellow walls, beige carpet and curtains with multi-coloured circles that go with anything. Splashes of colour are from the pictures and textiles.

Misty9 Tue 11-Nov-14 18:54:43

I like the sound of your curtain issy where did you get them from?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now