Talk

Advanced search

choosing colours- does green go with orange,??

(7 Posts)
rockinghorseShit Fri 07-Nov-14 15:07:03

we're redecorating our lounge- we have had a wood burner installed, I've chosen cream/ beigey walls with one wall sage green. I've got oakish furniture, brown carpet and sofas.
I'm choosing some curtains, but don't want to go matchy matchy with a green brown colour scheme. I'm after a natural kind of cosy look. I've seen some lovely rust, brown tartanish curtains in dunelm.
any thoughts? I'm rubbish at colours, I know what I don't like though!

Gozogozo Fri 07-Nov-14 18:01:10

Difficult without seeing your exact colours - and they would never be right on a screen - but I think that they could work very well.
Though I would personally go for a warmer moss green than a cooler sage - unless we are looking at the same colour chart, the names don't help so much!

WhereYouLeftIt Fri 07-Nov-14 18:30:05

Well that does all sound like the colours of autumn, so should go very well together?

ZingOfSeven Fri 07-Nov-14 21:43:01

depends on shade, hue, proportion of areas, light/dark contrast.....

but yeah, could work so do it

PenelopeGarciasCrazyHair Fri 07-Nov-14 21:59:33

I've got beige, light sage green, orange and a bit of purple in my lounge! I kind of like it. The orange was a late addition as it felt a bit cold without it, but I think I might lose the purple and go with green and orange.

I live in an area with loads of trees and I like to think of it as a nod to those autumnal shades. If you look at the trees changing from green through yellow and orange to red, alongside the dark red and deep purple trees and bushes, they all look fab together.

rockinghorseShit Fri 07-Nov-14 22:48:10

thank you very much!
I find it so hard to choose colours, I think I will do it!
whereyouleftit, you are right, its autumn colours, never thought of that.
Penelope, yours looks fabulous, love it x

rockinghorseShit Sat 08-Nov-14 13:19:32

this is the paint

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now