Talk

Advanced search

Help me find some door handles please.

(16 Posts)
Pipbin Fri 07-Nov-14 11:02:59

All the internal doors in my house have the nasty cheap brass handle from the B and Q value range!
I have replaced the only door handle downstairs with a satin silver handle but they have stopped doing that one.
I want to replace all the upstairs handles now, and I will need to do it all at once as the doors all go onto the same landing and I can't risk handles being discontinued.
I also need pull handles for the airing cupboard to match too.

Does anyone know of any websites that do naice door handles?

ababycalledbrian Fri 07-Nov-14 19:42:03

Watching too! We have nice colourful cupboard knobs from places like anthropologie, notonthehighsteet etc but I'd really like something similar find the internal doors themselves.

Pipbin Fri 07-Nov-14 20:20:23

Right then Brian, we just need to sit tight and hope someone who knows about door handles to come along.

ababycalledbrian Sat 08-Nov-14 07:27:09

I'm confident mumsnet won't let us down <settles down with coffee and expectant expression>

Gunpowder Sat 08-Nov-14 07:30:01

I'd like some pretty ones too! <no help>

petalpower Sat 08-Nov-14 07:44:28

I think I used www.simplydoorhandles.co.uk when we did our kitchen. Recommended by our builder/kitchen fitter. If you want to really spend out jim lawrence are gorgeous but ££.

HocusUcas Sat 08-Nov-14 15:38:14

I've bought from these people and always been pleased - again architect / builder recommendation

Solo Sat 08-Nov-14 16:20:16

Looking in!

WhatKatyDidnt Sat 08-Nov-14 21:28:03

Willow and Stone
These Please
Ironmongery Direct

Pipbin Sat 08-Nov-14 21:56:48

Oooh Willow and Stone have beautiful stuff. Lots of money though.

HocusUcas Sun 09-Nov-14 16:11:46

Lik would have helped grin

www.sdslondon.co.uk/door-furniture.html

peggyundercrackers Mon 10-Nov-14 22:32:08

Try Www.ahbrass.co.uk they aren't cheap but they are very well made.

Waitingonasunnyday Mon 10-Nov-14 22:36:52

Pushka Knobs do lovely cupboard knobs. Not sure how big their knobs go though.

mipmop Mon 10-Nov-14 23:00:17

Me too, and I'd prefer to see and touch them rather than buy over the internet, so am interested in internet recommendations of door handles that feel nice in your hand (shape/ mechanism/ whatever). I've looked in b&q, howdens, homebase etc and haven't seen any I like.

Poopooplop Mon 10-Nov-14 23:07:01

Ha ha knobs that feel nice in your hand.

So many knob gags.

Genuinely interested though. My door knobs cut me if I hold the handle wrongly.

peggyundercrackers Wed 12-Nov-14 10:34:15

also try www.inbrass.co.uk/ they have some rally nice handles/knobs and are an old fashioned shop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now