Talk

Advanced search

Small downstairs cloakroom with sink and toilet - decoration ideas please...paint, tile or wallpaper?

(17 Posts)
hulahoopsilove Wed 05-Nov-14 14:09:05

not sure what to do with this room, very small not sure if to just wallpaper it all and tiles behind sink as a splashback, or just paint

Misty9 Wed 05-Nov-14 19:38:52

I'll follow this as we have similar but it's just painted white and panelled with white boards and I think about how to jazz it up every time I'm in there!

hulahoopsilove Thu 06-Nov-14 14:59:24

bump

Dumpylump Thu 06-Nov-14 15:04:19

I have a downstairs loo, the one all visitors use. Every single person remarks on it - I wallpapered it in a Laura Ashley paper which is no longer available, but there are many similar ones around now.
It's black, with big white and silver pattern. I put in a silver chandelier and an oversized mirror with a big frame above the sink.
The loo seat is black and glittery.
I think it may be my favourite room in the whole house!

Misty9 Thu 06-Nov-14 17:00:54

Ooh i love that idea dumpy might have to steal it, though don't think light fitting would work for a chandelier.

hulahoopsilove Thu 06-Nov-14 18:00:35

sounds fab...can you post a pic of it dumpy?

Dumpylump Fri 07-Nov-14 00:08:56

Hope this works!

Misty9 Fri 07-Nov-14 07:04:35

Brilliant, thank you! Your bathroom is about twice the size of mine though.

toptomatoes Fri 07-Nov-14 07:07:21

We had lovely wallpaper in our cloakroom but recently had to strip it all off and paint as the combination of small boys with bad aim and a powerful tap on the sink was very bad for the wallpaper! If you don't have this problem then wallpaper looks great!

Beingblonde Fri 07-Nov-14 16:42:04

Ours is papered in old DC comics floor to ceiling - it's tiny but it looks ace!

hulahoopsilove Fri 07-Nov-14 20:19:52

dumpy - stunning, love it!!! Im going to go for a purple swirly wallpaper I think and glitsy chandlier

spottymoo Fri 07-Nov-14 22:21:32

Dumpylumpy Is that a loo roll holder next to the loo?

Ours is pale blue then the wall were the sink is done in a red and blue flowered wallpaper white splash back it looks clean and fresh IMO.
But the paper needs to come off as it's got grubby finger marks now.

Dumpylump Fri 07-Nov-14 23:35:55

Um no.....it's a small glittery tailors "form" - with marabou feather trim. I don't know why, and I actually can't remember where, I just like it because its so ridiculous!

spottymoo Sat 08-Nov-14 09:08:27

It looks really good would have been awesome if it was a loo hider smile

hulahoopsilove Sun 09-Nov-14 08:23:10

ah yes what's everyone got on the sink wall? Have to have tiled area I suppose do to splash back etc...

Coconutty Sun 09-Nov-14 08:34:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

amy83firsttimer Sun 09-Nov-14 08:40:36

My mum used to be an interior designer and she'd always do something crazy in the downstairs loo - you can buy ludicrously expensive wallpaper as you only need a little bit. If you don't like wallpaper you can paint in quite a brave / dark colour then hang loads and loads of small framed photos grouped together or completely covering a wall. For example loads of b/w prints of horses all in gold frames. You can even make your own prints very cheaply by buying a magazine and then photocopying the pages to convert them to b/w.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now