Talk

Advanced search

Inspire me with your bedroom please!

(5 Posts)
Asleeponasunbeam Sun 02-Nov-14 15:43:59

DH and I are going to get round to sorting our bedroom soon. It's been neglected for so long and has never felt like a relaxing haven!

We need to do a major declutter and have chosen wardrobes with lots of storage. We're turning the smallest bedroom into a study, so all that kind of stuff can be in there.

What do you have in your bedroom that helps make it a pleasant place to be? Ours is basically just a room with our bed, clothes and miscellaneous junk in (and toys the DC have left there).

BiancaDelRio Sun 02-Nov-14 15:56:07

Ours is very very girlie (that's what happens when you leave all the decor decisions to me DP grin ).

White iron vintage style bed with pale pink rose fairy lights intertwined on the bed head.

Solid wood bedside cabinets that I bought on EBay and repainted like this

A chandelier and an antique dressing table and stool. We have a fluffy rug and velvety duck egg blue curtains.

Five thousand cushions. And a blanket box like this at the bottom of the bed.

Not minimal grin but so cosy and pretty. It's my sanctuary.

ladybird69 Mon 03-Nov-14 23:56:19

Snap Bianca. Mines powder pink with lots of heart lights and ultra soft cushions with little touches of duck egg blue for bit of depth. Oh cream walls and cream carpeting and painted chunky wooden furniture very soothing and feminine. And did I say hearts hearts and more hearts everywhere and few teddieswink

mayhew Thu 06-Nov-14 21:57:56

Mine is cool and calm. Dark wood furniture. Pale grey floral wallpaper, soft grey carpet, white bedding and duck egg blue curtains.

IceniMist Thu 06-Nov-14 22:04:01

Heavy handmade furniture. Sleigh bed. Light grey carpet and walls will with tree wallpaper on two walls. Mohair blanket in pale pink. Silk dove greu curtains. Crystal chandelier. Full length mirror. Either white or grey bird print bedding. Lots of mercury glass and cream candles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now