Talk

Advanced search

Bed linen for yellow bedroom.

(8 Posts)
Weegiemum Wed 02-Apr-14 16:54:13

We moved coming up 2 years ago - before we moved in my parents decorated our bedroom to our choice (I'd just become quite disabled - the reason for the move - and this was their fantastic housewarming present).

Lovely sunny yellow walls, one papered wall with terracotta/gold highlights. I had to spend quite a lot of time bed bound and the cheery room was essential.

We're still using the black/beige and navy blue bed linen from our last house. Doesn't go, but never got round to changing it.

Now that I'm up and about a lot more, we're replacing our old mattress and duvet (I had blush continence issues when I was first ill) and I want some lovely bed linen to fit in with the room. I've been looking online and just don't know where to start with this!

Dd2 took a couple of blurry photos!

Wossname Wed 02-Apr-14 16:59:06

How about lovely crisp white bedding? Lots of layers of it- pillows, sheets, duvet, also a few different textured throws or bedspreads? I like plain white bedding but I know not everyone does.

Weegiemum Wed 02-Apr-14 17:01:25

I'd not considered white, strangely. The one thing I know I want is a gold cushion. I like the texturing idea, that's great!

If we go for white I will have to banish Alice the House Rabbit from the room!!

Wossname Wed 02-Apr-14 17:08:01

You could still let her in but just Hoover her daily??

I think lots of textured white with some similarly textured gold would look lovely.

overthemill Wed 02-Apr-14 17:16:46

Have a look at designers guild bedding. It's expensive but RL max stock it much cheaper. Lovely colours and really cheerful

overthemill Wed 02-Apr-14 17:17:06

TK MAXX!

Wossname Wed 02-Apr-14 17:40:03

This sort of thing but with gold tones as well?

Lagoonablue Wed 02-Apr-14 18:08:23

Grey looks nice with yellow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now