Talk

Advanced search

Duck egg living room - glass or white accesories

(6 Posts)
YumLemonCheesecake Wed 02-Apr-14 12:43:38

Hello we are in the process of buying a house, it's a victorian terrace if that helps.

For the living room we are so far planning shelves either side of fireplace in white, the fire surround is also white and i will have a white framed mirror above fireplace.
At the moment we are planning f&b teresea's green as the colour on the fireplace wall.
We are probably getting some duck egg coloured sofas or biscuity colour.

The ideas I am struggling with is to whether to go with glass accesories or white accesories, such as chandelier/candlesticks/lamp etc.

Please help ladies, any ideas warmly welcomed!

Youdontneedacriminallawyer Wed 02-Apr-14 12:44:46

I'd go for glass I think - otherwise you risk having too much white.

SilverSixpence Wed 02-Apr-14 14:47:30

Id also go with a mix of glass and white or maybe some weathered oak - Have a look at Loaf and Swoon editions

HaveToWearHeels Thu 03-Apr-14 15:02:01

I would go for glass too. My lounge is cream, duck egg and beige and I have oak furniture and glass "bits and pieces". I got some lovely chunky candlesticks from TK Maxx which are recycled glass and have a blue tinge to them.

YumLemonCheesecake Thu 03-Apr-14 16:50:29

Thanks for all your help, I'm feeling inspired! Slightly becoming obsessed with researching bits and bobs now!

HaveToWearHeels Thu 03-Apr-14 16:58:59

If you have a TK Max or a HomeSense near you pop in, they have some great stuff. I am a little bit obsessed and pop in probably twice a month and they always have different stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now