Talk

Advanced search

Sofa in bay window?

(7 Posts)
SilverSixpence Tue 01-Apr-14 11:16:12

Just bought two new sofas and have put one in the bay window and the other facing against the opposite wall. It looks lovely but I am a bit concerned about the sofa in the window fading (it's velvet). Would I be better off having it against the other wall? It seems to make the whole room off centre with the fireplace if I do!

BrownSauceSandwich Tue 01-Apr-14 21:49:20

We have our sofa in the bay, and it's been ok, but we are talking about a NNW-facing window. To be honest, I'd just go for it anyway... Making do with a skewed room to keep the sofa at its best is a bit like leaving the plastic wrapper on the sofa. Enjoy your room at its best right now: you could be run over by a bus tomorrow (or worse, somebody might wine on the sofa).

BrownSauceSandwich Tue 01-Apr-14 21:49:59

Spill wine on the sofa. Not whine on the sofa.

Mandy21 Wed 02-Apr-14 12:26:45

We have ours in the bay window - not velvet though, I think they are chenille. They are a 'mocha' (medium brown) colour, no fade after 4 years.

wonkylegs Wed 02-Apr-14 14:01:18

In our old house we had 2 green armchairs one of which was in the bay window. I only noticed that one has faded when we moved house last summer after 9yrs and in this house they are now side by side.
It's such a gradual thing it's not worth worrying about. Both of mine are going to fade now as they are in the conservatory.grin

Stokes Wed 02-Apr-14 14:04:57

Maybe just swap them round every few months so they fade equally?

SilverSixpence Wed 02-Apr-14 16:13:12

Thanks all, I'm not sure I have the energy to keep swapping them! I will probably leave them as they are for now and hope the blinds block enough of the light.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: