Talk

Advanced search

Would it look "wrong" if a window had a voile panel used like a net curtain,

(17 Posts)
Fluffycloudland77 Mon 24-Mar-14 18:50:21

& a roman blind over the window but not in the recess?

I'm sick of everyone parking over my windows. It's really intrusive, there's visitor parking but no one uses it sad

CoilRegret Mon 24-Mar-14 18:51:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CoilRegret Mon 24-Mar-14 18:52:07

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 24-Mar-14 18:54:43

Oh sad

It's my kitchen/diner window plus the lounge window.

UniS Mon 24-Mar-14 18:55:50

I made voile panels ( curtains basicly) for large windows that were not overlooked but I wanted to shut out the darkness in winter.

Looks nicer than a net curtain in my opinion , does much the same job.

BigArea Mon 24-Mar-14 18:57:09

You can get voile type roller blinds which look much cleaner behind a roman blind IMO. My DS'mum has this and it looks great

CoilRegret Mon 24-Mar-14 18:57:40

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 24-Mar-14 19:36:10

It's private housing. We all own. We all have garages. We all have driveways.

But if visitors come its always our house they park in front of.

It's just rude, people look in on us.

burnishedsilver Tue 25-Mar-14 14:28:48

Park your own car where the visitors park so no one else can have that spot while you're at home.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 25-Mar-14 14:57:03

We don't have enough cars, you can fit 6 cars in front of our house.

We've only got two.

Maybe I should get my colleagues 8ton lorry and park it outside their houses. That'll learn them.

Doonhamer Tue 25-Mar-14 15:03:52

If they look in then wave a tthem grin

crazykat Tue 25-Mar-14 15:08:19

I've had voile panels that I've put on the rods for net curtains. I thought it looked nice but less fussy than nets. I didn't have a blind but I had curtains.

about these OP I'm thinking of these for my kitchen as we like a bit more privacy than our street allows.

CoilRegret Tue 25-Mar-14 15:56:53

MammyKaz Tue 25-Mar-14 20:27:27

Would you only want to obstruct the window occasionally (ie when a car is parked there?). Why don't you have voile curtains with the roman blind inside the recess? Then you have the option of full openness or pull across the curtains when you need more privacy.
Oh just reread & it's also for the kitchen so maybe not an option for this area. Voile panels then, for a modern look (if that's what you're after) you might need to weight the end a little to get a nice sit. Or if you can afford them shutters & nothing else.

ShoeWhore Tue 25-Mar-14 20:30:54

What about that frosted stuff you can stick onto the window? Or is that too permanent?

Kudzugirl Tue 25-Mar-14 20:31:25

We have a plain woven blind with sheer woven panels each side. The panels do need to be good quality and not too fussy. Ours are old faded voiles with a pale sprig print on them. They are to the floor but not puddled and have tab tops. We have the blind halfway down and the voiles pulled back to cover 1/4 of the window on each side. It is enough to give some privacy without obscuring the view totally.

Everybody compliments us. The ceilings are very high and it seems to soften the scale.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now