Talk

Advanced search

Inspiration for teenage boy's room needed, please

(7 Posts)
cattypussclaw Sat 22-Mar-14 08:36:55

I want to redecorate my step-son's bedroom. He is now 15 and I want to make the room more grown-up. He has expressed a preference for blue, and that's all I can get out of him! I've got to find a balance between making it his room but also making it a pleasant guest room as he only stays with us about once a month now (can't be parted from his girlfriend more often) and I want visitors to feel comfortable in there. I've been Googling and Googling but not finding anything that inspires me and, since I'm not very good at room design, I'm worried it's going to end up being bland and boring. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to see them. Thanks, in anticipation...

NurseyWursey Sat 22-Mar-14 15:50:57

I'd just have one or two of the walls a darkish blue colour, the others white. Some nice shelves, a print on the wall and some cool lighting

some of these are nice https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=teenage+boy+room&safe=off&espv=210&es_sm=119&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=CbEtU-msFcHJhAfCgoGoAg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=728

ShoeWhore Mon 24-Mar-14 11:16:37

Have you looked on Pinterest? I got some great ideas there for ds's room.

We painted his walls pale grey with plain orange bedding and dark grey throw/cushion. Orange light shade, navy curtains. It looks great.

goodtimesinbontemps Mon 24-Mar-14 11:22:58

I recently did up my ds1s room, he is 15. He wanted red so I painted 3 walls cream and one red (the one along his bed). I got red curtains, black Ikea Malm chest of drawers, a glossy red desk (also Ikea) and a red and black rug. For his bedding I bought a plain black set and a plain red set from Ikea and mix them so he has a red sheet, black duvet cover and red and black pillowcases then vice versa. It looks lovely if I say so myself smile

ruby1234 Mon 24-Mar-14 11:27:04

I did my DS room when he was around 17.... I bought a black/white wallpaper mural on ebay of the New York skyline which covered one whole wall, then did the other walls silver grey wallpaper. Carpet black/grey flecks, black blind and curtains. Duvet from Argos matches the New York wall mural with red sheets and valance for effect.
Looks absolutely fab!

MyNameIsKenAdams Mon 24-Mar-14 11:28:43

Navy blue walls, with white woodwork. White bedlinen, grey curtains, cushions, storage boxes etc.

burnishedsilver Mon 24-Mar-14 18:22:41

Have a look on the pottery barn teen website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now