Advanced search

Replacing lead glazed cabinet glass out..why can't I find someone to do this

(3 Posts)
ggirl Mon 17-Mar-14 14:33:11

I have an old charm style dresser with those lead glazed doors.
I want to replace with plain glass.
Have called local glaziers and am getting ..'sorry love we just do double glazing and doors"

Phoned a glass supplier and even they couldn't give me the name of someone who could do it for me.

What sort of person do I look for?

Old fashioned glazier???

AngelsWithSilverWings Mon 17-Mar-14 14:37:48

If we needed this we would use a local glass studio. They specialise in repairing stained glass windows but we used them to replace the glass panels in our internal doors. I'd search for stained glass repairers and then ask if they would do plain leaded glass replacement.

ggirl Mon 17-Mar-14 15:03:06

thanks will try that, hadn't thought about stained glass repairers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now