Talk

Advanced search

Where can I find a battery powered bulb to illuminate a non electric lamp?

(4 Posts)
ClownsLeftJokersRight Sun 16-Mar-14 11:08:08

I want to put a nice light in space in my kitchen dresser (no socket near it). I love candles but don't want to use one in this space as I'm worried it'll get hot and cause damage. I've seen lots of lamps and jars etc that could look nice illuminated, but I need something that is battery powered to light them up. Little battery tea lights aren't bright enough and a torch seems weirdgrin. I suppose I want a battery powered bulb of some sort. Does such a thing even exist?confused

Georgiesgirl Sun 16-Mar-14 15:56:09

I don't know about bulbs but these are pretty convincing battery powered candles.

nemno Sun 16-Mar-14 16:03:07

We have an very powerful ( and old) LED rechargeable lamp but it isn't pretty. It was bought in a country with regular power outages.

I have fairy lights that are battery powered (Ikea at Christmas) and I'm pretty sure this sort of thing is readily available Sept-Dec as part of Christmas decorations. Maybe a craft shop has such things at other times?

I also have a solar-powered light which is great but is actually in the sun for much of the day.

Cindy34 Sun 16-Mar-14 16:15:12

Something like this perhaps. Looks like it is a bulb that contains a battery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now