Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom paint - good quality?

(8 Posts)
Nyborg Sun 16-Mar-14 10:46:59

Our new house has a lovely bathroom with biscuit coloured travertine tiles on all but one wall. It's currently painted peach but needs to be freshened up and I can't bring myself to buy peach paint. Ugh.

I'm thinking of going for white, navy and aqua with the biscuit tiles. We're going over to Homebase shortly, to buy the paint. I don't want the paint job to look cheap because the room's otherwise pretty high-spec.

Is there a particular brand or type of paint that you'd recommend?

Nyborg Sun 16-Mar-14 10:47:42

To be clearer, white paint with navy/aqua accessories!

SweetPeaPods Sun 16-Mar-14 10:49:54

We went for dulux bathroom paint and very happy with it.
I would definitely recommend bathroom paint over normal emulsion.

Joules68 Sun 16-Mar-14 14:05:35

bathroom paint is the same as kitchen paint.....its just a marketing ploy

SweetPeaPods Sun 16-Mar-14 15:40:36

Well either way kitchen paint is still different to normal emulsion.
Dulux keep them separate but I think crown have them combined.
I preferred the dulux, we have crown in the kitchen.

stuckindamiddle Mon 17-Mar-14 11:54:42

We just did our bathroom with B and Q's own brand kitchen and bathroom matt. Painter commented that it was good paint.

Used Dulux Endurance in hallway which was done by same painter but tbh they're both a scrubbable Matt emulsion so who knows what the real difference is!

burnishedsilver Mon 17-Mar-14 16:50:43

Apparently dulux bathroom has an anti mould property that dulux kitchen doesn't have.

ThingsThatGoBumpInTheNight Tue 18-Mar-14 02:09:00

You can buy liquid to add to paint that makes it anti mould though. I have some somewhere in this black hole of a house I'll see if I can find it and post the brand name

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now