Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have a WHITE venetian blind in a BEDROOM?

(11 Posts)
jaffacakesallround Sat 15-Mar-14 10:11:46

Well...?? smile
I'd like to replace a blind in our guest room and fancy white wooden. However, I am worried that it won't keep out the light at all early in the morning. The room currently has a black metal blind. Other bedrooms have wooden blinds but they are dark wood.

The other option is a Roman blind which I could have lined with blackout lining.

If your blind is white ( wooden) does it keep out any light?

mumma24 Sat 15-Mar-14 14:33:55

Yes we have and yes it does

jaffacakesallround Sat 15-Mar-14 15:19:20

smile

Anyone have any other experiences?

MrsDeVere Sat 15-Mar-14 15:23:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fiorentina Sat 15-Mar-14 15:58:04

We do and it does keep out the light. Can't say I like it much though and am hoping to replace it with a roman blind when I can choose some fabric I like.

Catsmamma Sat 15-Mar-14 16:01:34

I have one in the dining room....not sure the colour is relevant tbh with venetian blinds

I don't think they are hugely good at light blocking...we have black ones in the utility, alumininum in couple of bedrooms.

In our bedroom I have curtains and blackout linings, and a blind. I like it to be dark. :D

mrsminiverscharlady Sat 15-Mar-14 16:03:46

I have one in a south east facing bedroom and it doesn't keep the light out. It might be the width of the slats though rather than the the colour.

jaffacakesallround Sat 15-Mar-14 16:46:42

Thanks everyone- am thinking now that a Roman blind may be better.

50shadesofmeh Sun 16-Mar-14 19:32:03

Yes I bought one it looked beautiful but I was like Kirsten Dunst frying to death in interview with a vampire come the morning

RocknRollNerd Mon 17-Mar-14 15:42:47

We do, it's an East facing room and it doesn't keep the light out very well. Our slats are quite wide and whether I close them 'up' or 'down' doesn't make any difference. We're just about to have it replaced with a Roman blind with blackout backing.

grin at Kirsten Dunst frying to death!

fedupandfifty Mon 17-Mar-14 21:06:46

I have one in an east-facing front bedroom. I like the look of it, but it doesn't completely cut out the light in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now