Talk

Advanced search

Sofa.com vs Multiyork

(5 Posts)
kmini Thu 06-Mar-14 10:51:44

Hi!

In the market for a new sofa. Not surpsrisinly, want something that is hard wearing and will stand the tests of young family.

Sofa.com & multiyork seem to be in the price range we intend to spend. Sofa a wait time of 4-6 weeks, multi 11-13 weeks at present.

Most of the reading I have done to date, seem to rate multiyork most highly, sofa well regarded too. My question is, is multiyork worth the wait?

Any other views or recs on sofa experiences also welcome.

SavoyCabbage Thu 06-Mar-14 10:56:33

I've got a 12 year old Multiyork sofa. It's still fantastic and very comfortable. You can take the covers off and wash them. It's such a good quality piece of furniture.

My mum was just telling me how she had been in recently and they told her that they make covers for any of their sofas, even if the shape has been discontinued.

lessonsintightropes Sun 09-Mar-14 22:27:56

I really like Multiyork's Long Island chaise shape sofa and am pondering between that and something similar from John Lewis, good to hear it sounds like a long-wearing brand.

Lucked Sun 09-Mar-14 23:05:26

We have fabulous multiyork sofas. We went to the store in Newcastle and they had so many books of fabrics. On delivery their was a small tear and they didn't hesitate to send out new covers and we had picked very expensive material.

minipie Thu 13-Mar-14 15:57:31

I would go for washable covers if you have young DC.

Both companies do washable cover sofas but the Multiyork washable cover styles are (to my eyes) a bit more old fashioned as they mostly have skirts. So it depends what look you want.

We went for the Sofa.com Maltby and are really pleased with it - only had it under a year though so can't comment on longevity, but lots of good reviews for sofa.com on MN and elsewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now