Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to de Nextify lounge!

(11 Posts)
Lagoonablue Sun 02-Mar-14 22:28:48

Following on from a thread this week, realised my lounge looks very bland and Next catalogue. Light cream walls, brown sofas, oak cabinet, duck egg and beige curtains. Nice but boring. Want to liven it up a bit. Introduce a couple of brighter things. Any idea what? And what colour? Any advice welcome.

Pannacotta Sun 02-Mar-14 22:40:27

Bright rug and mismatched cushions. HAve a look at H&M, they have some good cushion covers which aren't too pricey so a good way to experiment.

Lagoonablue Sun 02-Mar-14 22:43:14

Thanks. Mismatched cushions sounds good. All a bit too matchy at the moment. Need to add a couple of different colors. Even the fire surround and mirror are brown. (Dark wood.)

Back2Basics Sun 02-Mar-14 22:50:12

There's nothing wrong with matchy if that's what you like.

My house really reflects me, I have an amazing pink hallway which I adore. I know no one else who has this but yet I have matching photo frames as that's what I like.

Don't let MN style your house you will end up getting rid of all your nice furniture and ending up with second hand sofas and awful carpets and no photos anywhere. Work out what you love, ie if you have a favourite film get the poster and frame it. That's more personal then a painting from an auction.

Lagoonablue Mon 03-Mar-14 07:45:48

Thanks. Do like it but it needs an extra bit of colour in somewhere. What colour am not sure?

Pizdets Mon 03-Mar-14 09:02:28

Pinterest is great for ideas. We're moving next week and I have boards for each room in the new house already! If you search for a key term it'll throw up ideas ie 'quirky living room' or 'country cottage interior' should help you see what works and how you can apply it to your room more easily?

HaveToWearHeels Mon 03-Mar-14 11:46:19

I have cream and light teal in my lounge, lime green goes well. You could introduce some lime green cushions and maybe a rug ?

Lagoonablue Mon 03-Mar-14 19:54:19

Yes was thinking lime green would look good actually. Also Pinterest. I actually have an account which I must use more! Thankyou ladies.

InsertUsernameHere Tue 04-Mar-14 06:57:08

Design seeds is lovely for colour palettes - for example a pop of orange with teals and greys. Might find some inspiration there.

truelymadlysleepy Tue 04-Mar-14 19:44:20

I quite like a splash of pink with duck egg and brown. Sounds odd but it looks good.

burnishedsilver Fri 07-Mar-14 23:39:38

Paint the walls. Everything else sounds fine but the cream walls are a bit bland.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now