Talk

Advanced search

Garden Gate / Front Door Colour

(6 Posts)
MumOfTheMoos Mon 24-Feb-14 10:20:13

Just moved in and the garden gate collapses - it's one of those curly wurly iron ones so I'm going to replace it with a nice wooden one (like it would have had originally) - what colour should I paint it? What's in at the moment?

Eventually we will paint the front door the same colour. It's a late Victorian / early Edwardian suburban London house. Our style is more trad than uber modern.

Any thoughts?

Lagoonablue Tue 25-Feb-14 19:22:42

Everyone near me is doing a very pale greeny aqua colour. Looks nice.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Tue 25-Feb-14 19:25:27

Agree... Think the colour is called Sage... It's all over the place at the moment.

We just painted our front door bright yellow, but I recognise that's not for everyone smile

Lagoonablue Tue 25-Feb-14 19:39:18

Yes sage. That's what I meant.

MumOfTheMoos Tue 25-Feb-14 20:44:54

Yes, that's a nice idea - especially as one day I will be putting roses and lavender in the front garden, it will go really well.

Thank you ; I was just a bit overwhelmed by the infinite options and needed a bit of direction!

SilverSixpence Wed 26-Feb-14 11:20:16

I'm painting mine in a gorgeous duck egg/aqua (got an F&B colour I think blue ground matched to Dulux eggshell). I do like a bright yellow door too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now