Talk

Advanced search

Sorry boring-what colour is your kitchen?

(15 Posts)
feckawwf Sun 23-Feb-14 09:55:17

My whole house is dull, bland, YUK!
I need to start somewhere so the kitchen is getting a makeover....Can't afford a new kitchen, which tbf is lush anyway so I'm happy with that part of it. It's walnut, black benches, my dining table is in it which is also walnut with brown leather chairs. Currently my colour scheme is teal/jade, although I'm limited to what I can add in the way of decor as it's L shaped so units takes up most of the room, and one of the other two walls has a huge window so I'm really just left with the one wall to add colour!
It's soooo dull though it needs spicing up! HELP!

KarenBrockman Sun 23-Feb-14 09:57:38

Mine is currently white, I am thinking of painting one wall a selection of colours, maybe stripes of Grey/pink/blue, not sure really. I am fed up of the bland.

Mrswellyboot Sun 23-Feb-14 09:59:18

Mine if off white as I have a lot of accessories (twiddly shit, as they say on here)

If I had a larger kitchen I would go for MellowSage by crown. It is beautiful.

Pascha Sun 23-Feb-14 10:00:31

White units, black worktop, wood, pale greeny/ blue Walls.

You could consider a big glass splashback behind your cooker in a contrasting colour? We have a big pink one.

feckawwf Sun 23-Feb-14 10:07:56

Ah I already have the splash back at the back off cooker in the same design as the benches(black) I think it would look silly if I changed it for a coloured one now as I also have the little black splashbacks(can't remember the name of them, but they are about 3inch high) going all the way around the length of the kitchen so I'm not sure if it would look really odd and mismatched to add the coloured one in now?

I wish I could add twiddly decorative shit but there's no floor space for vases or such, only one window cill(small) is deep enough to put ornaments on.....leaves just the one main wall and my table to add colour on.Or maybe bright curtains would help, their currently black blush Really hoping not to go down the route of wallpaper if I can help it too.

Heathcliff27 Sun 23-Feb-14 10:08:40

I have white units, black granite worktops, black quarry tile flooring. White tile splash backs. To give you an idea i have a double aspect kitchen with units sink etc in a L shape. I have 3 walls painted in cappuccino and the 4th wall which is opposite the units and is where my table sits is painted the brightest orange i could find. Sounds hideous but actually really works.

Atbeckandcall Sun 23-Feb-14 10:09:04

Cream cupboard doors, wooden worktops, very pale blue walls. Sounds great but big walls with bugger al on them. I have no creativity (or money)!

Heathcliff27 Sun 23-Feb-14 10:11:09

Mrs wellyboot, i have one wall in my bedroom in mellow sage, such a great colour, i have used it in my current house and also my previous flat

feckawwf Sun 23-Feb-14 10:11:49

Ooh no Heath orange sounds lush, think that would look lovely against the walnut table....do you know the exact brand/colour so I can google? What have you got for blind/curtain?

Heathcliff27 Sun 23-Feb-14 10:18:21

I'm sure i still have some left up the loft, i'll get DH to find the tin when he eventually gets up (he was out last night). At the moment i have black roller blinds that are ancient but gave been looking at some wooden venitians

feckawwf Sun 23-Feb-14 10:56:18

Ah thank you that would be lovely....I would love the wooden blinds but think they'd clash with the walnut units unless it's the exact same shade, I also have wooden interior doors and I'm a bit OCD about different shades of wood ha

SilkStalkings Sun 23-Feb-14 11:06:56

Terracotta walls, light oak units, dark grey floor, big-square red gingham curtains, black iron handles/light fittings etc. Think Mexican Restaurant v Hansel & Gretel kitsch. Makes a very long, dim North-facing kitchen-diner more cosy and warm. I'm too untidy to get away with modern minimalism.

Heathcliff27 Sun 23-Feb-14 11:34:30

Had a look, its dulux tangerine twist, had to give it 2 coats to get the shade I wanted though. I know what you mean about contrasting woods too, i've found some ebony black ones that I think will work fine in my kitchen.

feckawwf Sun 23-Feb-14 14:31:12

Ooh I love that, think that could work...

Lagoonablue Sun 23-Feb-14 18:14:27

White units. Sage green walls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now