Talk

Advanced search

Chalk paint

(3 Posts)
lchats Sat 22-Feb-14 20:49:14

Anyone used it? Heard its a good option for a quick and easy furniture revamp? Worth a go or always better to sand, prime and coat?

Parsley2506 Sat 22-Feb-14 21:28:06

Heya, have used the Annie Sloan stuff for various items in our house. You can do some truly amazing stuff with it colour/effect wise if you've got the dedication!
It is an absolute cinch to use, so easy, literally no prep needed other than a good clean first. The difficult bit is finishing it - as it's name suggests it leaves a very Matt, chalky finish that is quite susceptible to dents etc. I used the AS wax to finish my furniture but it was a bit of a chore to do all the buffing at the end!
That said, I love my 'new' furniture and would gladly use the paint again for future projects. Good luck!

Lettucesnow Sat 22-Feb-14 21:34:10

I got the recipe to make my own off another well known website. I added a little lilac emulsion to the white.

I painted a pine bookcase, double headboard and a mirror, rubbed the edges with sandpaper and then waxed them. I was delighted with the result!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now